New addition 24x36 - GAF Timberline 30/40/50

This is my 3rd house & 3rd roof
I dormered my Cape & went with GAF near white shingles for the roof to reflect the summer sun (not visible really from the ground). Ice & water shield all the way up the roof - less then 3/12 pitch. 4 skylights, no leaks 3.5 years later. Ridge vent - caps were gray to match front roof.
I built a sunroom last year & went with GAF Timberline Fox Hollow Gray shadow 30 year shingles. 6 skylights, ice & water shield up the roof, no leaks

I’m adding a 24x36 garage 5/12 pitch, and guess what?
They don’t seem to be making the 30 year Shadow Fox Hollow Gray any more. At least they don’t have it at the local HD or seem to be on their web-site :evil:
They do have the 50 year, which I know - won’t last 50 years as even a 30 year probably won’t last 30 years

So, anyone know if they still make it?
I need to check around to see if any stores still have stock

Barring that I guess I will bring in a shingle & see if one of the other colors is close. The roofs have a height distance that separates them
Suggestions, thoughts? Thanks

dont buy shingles from home depot. They are the “natural shadow” not “prestique” and they sometimes actually charge more. Go to a roofing supplier and you will find your fox hollow gray in 30 year.

go to www.gaf.com and you can probably locate a supplier near you.

the name of the shingle you want is “GAF/ELK timberline prestique 30 year fox hollow gray”

Thank you
I did look on their site, the only supplier close to me is for contractors only it seems. I’ll call them anyways - who knows. I’ll have to try some other zip codes & see if there is another one. I wish it would just tell me suppliers in MA instead of just the ones near me

Possible maybe that not all suppliers are listed on their site?

hmmmmm…so Elk bought GAF & closed the plant in MA
Maybe that’s my problem :frowning:

[quote=“Scuba_Dave”]Thank you
I did look on their site, the only supplier close to me is for contractors only it seems. I’ll call them anyways - who knows. I’ll have to try some other zip codes & see if there is another one. I wish it would just tell me suppliers in MA instead of just the ones near me

Possible maybe that not all suppliers are listed on their site?

hmmmmm…so Elk bought GAF & closed the plant in MA
Maybe that’s my problem :([/quote]

close…GAF bought ELK. I would think you should have no problem finding that color. It is available everywhere in the northeast region.

The local lumber company that I also go to carries Certainteed. I’m thinking of switching over. They are geared more to contractors - but do sell to homeowners