Negative Review Question

What would you guys do if someone owed you 6000 dollars since late june and then once you sent a letter saying you were giong to put a lein on their hosue if they didnt pay soon, they got a membership on angieslist and posted lots of negative things about your company that is not true?

Put a lien on her house and make her pay you every damn dollar she owes you.Then reply to angie’s list with your side of the story and let them know you put a lien on her property. Be as honest as you can. Your reply to angies list will be on that remark as your side of the story.

you could also sue for the negative things said about company

“slander”

Yeah I was wondering about that too. After each job I walk around with the customer in order to make sure they are satisfied or if they have any questions so I can answer them. This job was done late June and she did not say ONE thing about it until last friday. TWO days after I sent a letter saying I will have to lein your house if we do not get paid. Then to go and get a membership and make numerous false statements such as the shingles were wrong, dumpster sat in her driveway for weeks, yard was a mess, everyone was rude and so fourth. We have all the documents of course to show everything. The dumpster was at her hosue for 4 days. She offered to cook the guys dinner on the last night of the roof so they must have been rude.

We re-did the siding on her chimney for free because she claimed it was leaking. We later found out it had been leaking for a long time before hand and it was actually the chimney cap but I never charged her. It just really pisses me off that someone with that much money can go make up things in order to try not to pay. What I really feel like doing is calling my laywer, having him contact her, call her and let her know a lein is going on her hosue and we are suing for our money plus interest for 8 months and $1000 for each false complaint wrote about us unless they are removed. There are also 22 made up things. I think that would send the best message :slight_smile:

def. contact your lawyer. I had a slander issue with another contractor a few years ago. we sent him letters and a bill for my time @ $249/hr of course he didn’t pay it…but it was still a message that i wasn’t screwing around.

respond to the angieslist thing in a very polite proffesional manner. don’t write “MAD” it will send the wrong message to others reading it. just state the facts and say you are more than willing to listen to her concerns if she calls you…blah blah …if you handle it proffesionaly you will look like the better party.

Have them beaten to a bloody pulp. Those Latinos you guys always rag on are great for this.

My advice to you- start drinking heavily :stuck_out_tongue:

hahah most people think that but to be honest with you guys I havent had a drink or a smoke since a little but after my 21st bday.

Only problem is with how people are becomming these days, I am going to need to start again.

I think this may be the only profession where people do not charge to do estimates or get paid right away upon completion most of the time. Its confusing, when you buy a car, if you dont pay it every month they come and take your car back. I wish I could do the same with the materials I put on peoples homes.

Wow that sucks. At the company I work for things are always popping up online in some forum about us that are untrue or made by somebody who is clearly out to make us look bad (ie, some competitor with a grudge).

We send them a nice little letter asking them to kindly remove what they said in their post in x-amount of days or else our lawyers will be contacting them. Better yet, have your lawyer write the letter.

Definitely write your own message very nicely stating your side of the story too.

The person you are dealing with sounds like a child.

Im guessing she got so much money by stiffing people just like you.

I would tend to agree with the majority that writing a letter stating your side of the story would be the proper way to handle things.

I have not dealt with Angies List personally but if they are at all like the BBB it will show that the issue has been resolved or be completely removed due to the fact that it is a frivolous complaint.

I wish you the best of luck. Being the sales manager at my company I get to deal with people all the time not wanting to pay or not honor their contracts. Its always fun taking someone that is making things up so they dont have to pay and turning them around to where they end up paying with a smile on their face! :mrgreen:

That is a good example of why you should get 50% upon signing contract,and 50% upon completion…that is how I roll…
I have not been boned on a contracted job like that.I know of a company that takes 100.00 d.p. and is always whistling for the balance when done…is always in and out of court trying to get paid…
I have only had 1 customer that I did a roof for with no d.p. I knew he was good for the coin from reputation. When I finished he paid me and gave me another roof to do. He owns 13 properties,and had 3 CONtractors take him for over 25K on 3 different jobs…( gave them d.p. and never saw them again)…now he calls me for all his exterior needs,and speaks highly of me where ever he goes(still won’t give me a d.p. though)lol…

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]

pre requeist? is that some new kinda fortified whine?[/quote]

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]def. contact your lawyer. I had a slander issue with another contractor a few years ago. we sent him letters and a bill for my time @ $249/hr of course he didn’t pay it…but it was still a message that i wasn’t screwing around.

respond to the angieslist thing in a very polite proffesional manner. don’t write “MAD” it will send the wrong message to others reading it. just state the facts and say you are more than willing to listen to her concerns if she calls you…blah blah …if you handle it proffesionaly you will look like the better party.[/quote]

A little more, if you don’t mind. Write your response in notepad, save it, and reread it a day later. Tweak it, save it and re read it again until it just sounds polite and professional.

Although it has been months that you have been owed, you didn’t open up your discussion (First Contact) about payment with, I’m going to put a lien on your house did you?

I also collect money up front, materials and waste. If I get shafted for labor that’s one thing but materials too, no thanks.

No I didnt. I sent her a letter every month. I believe it has been taken care of.

go to her house with a ladder and a ripper – set up the ladder where she can see it from the doorway and knock on the door with the ripper and say if you dont give me my money im taking my roof back haha