Need help on replace a flat roof

Hello,

I need to replace an existing flat roof. The center of existing roof is little lower than its surroundings, so the rain water pools in the center after raining.

I had a roofer looked the existing roof, and he suggested to replace the flat roof. Here are the scope of work in his proposal (below).

1. Remove the existing flat roof down to plywood;
  2. Install (1/4)" per foot Tapered system;
  3. Install Black diamond base sheet, eve drip and GTA Cap.

Is this a good solution to replace my existing flat roof? After this work, is the new roof still flat roof?
And what are ‘eve drip’ and ‘GTA Cap’?

Thank you in advance!

That is what i would do also.
The eve drip is the perimeter metal that helps protect your fascia boards from rotting.
Also the premeters termination points
Of course all your Fascia boards surrounding the house always still need an excellent coating of paint unless it is covered by metal.
The GTA Cap is the final top roofing product that has a shingle-like surface that come in 3x33 foot sheets.
Is your flat roof shorter than 33 ft wide??
If so, ask your roofer for “no side seams” for perfection.
But if your roof is wider than 33 feet, you do have to have “side seams”. And thats normal.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation!

Yes, my flat roof is shorter than 33 ft (it is one small portion of whole house roof). I will ask my roofer for “no side seams”.

Thanks again!

According to dmvroofs.com check out these steps:

Step 1) If your roof is fairly new – call the roofing company that installed your roof and have them fix it.

Step 2) If it is an older roof, or the original installer will not fix it for some reason, you have three options:

Fix the roof yourself
Have a roof repair performed by a roofing contractor specializing in flat roofs
Or if your roof is near the end of its life, it is best to replace it rather than throw any more money away on repairing it.

Step 3) To prevent more damages to your roof, interior of your home, or the inventory and the equipment of your business, it is a good idea to put up a tarp on your roof, until you choose a course of action – either fixing it yourself or choosing a roofing contractor to repair or replace it.

Step 4) Estimate the real cost to a repair flat roof. Learn what is involved, what the hidden costs and fees are, and why we consider flat roof repair to be “sunk cost”. This comparison will help you decide if it is time to finally replace your flat roof, or if repair is a feasible option.

Maybe lindsyhill doesnt understand english??
Because The response makes no sense at all.
Maybe accidently responded to the wrong thread?
Because The only correlation to the question is
"flat roof".

Haha I’m confused with that as well, perhaps she is on too something though…

Before installing the taper, make sure your contractor evaluates the deck properly. If the deck is not level, the tapered system still might not be as effective as it should. If the roof sinks to the middle now, there is probably some sort of reason for it. Modified roofs (the GTA Cap) really do need proper drainage for long term sustainability.