Need help finding reviews on materials

Roofer Gee,

I appreciate the comments. and I understand small companies. I do think that if you decide not to bid a job - its only polite to let the customers know your not going to. the following is from their web site.

" We are a Seattle-area roofing company serving the Puget Sound with over 15 years experience! We cover all major Puget Sound cities including Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Everett, Kirkland, Redmond, Woodinville, Renton, and the surrounding areas. If you’re looking for a roofing company or contractor to meet your budget and provide quality roofing even with financing available, look no further than…"

so I don’t think i was wrong to call them, they had really good reviews, and I did ask when I called if the office I called covered my area. They have a few different phones listed and makes them sound like they have more offices than just the one they have.

anyway - now I am only waiting for 2 more estimates to be provided - I have had 4 companies look it over. Everyone has their own opinion at what is best.

nwmud…I would like to hear more about the different bids you recieve, I know our market pretty well and could be of some assistance if you would like.

Keep me posted.

I know this is an old thread, but needed to put my 2 cents. Pabco Premier is about the same price as the other shingles right now. Not sure about 2010, but it’s within 2 or 3 bucks a square in Houston. It’s about 30 pounds per square heavier, it has a 20 year algae guard (in fact, Pabco recently released a “limited lifetime” algae warranty on several of their Premier shingles), it has high impact resistance, it’s rated for Texas Windstorm and it’s not owned by a foreign company. As of today, Certainteed is owned by Saint Gobain, which means profits are going to France. Not that anything is wrong with that, but… Pabco is one of the best 30 yr shingles on the market in the US. Maybe even the best. And that’s based on algae warranty, wind rating, impact rating, shingle weight. Straightforward. Just my .02.

Pabco, another shingle i havent got to try
because they dont send them to the florida.
Teaser!!!