Nail Holes in Roof

Following up on a new (certain teed oakridge 30s) porch. The 2x6 ladder stop strip had # 12 dual head nails removed ( x12) and I ask what’s the best way to seal the holes… A cartridge of GE silicone II, or roofing cement, or should I nail in some 2" roofing nails, an dab them w tar? Thanks for support. CS

Ideally you would replace the shingles with the holes in them.
Barring that, you could lift up the shingle and put sealant under the holes.

Roofing cement when applied between two surfaces works well, I have lifted the shingle applied roofing cement then put a peice of felt over that and another layer of roofing cement.

A good Polyurethane sealer will work , I usually use NP1. You will tear the shingle before you separate it from the shingle after it sets up.

[quote="-Axiom-"]Ideally you would replace the shingles with the holes in them.
Barring that, you could lift up the shingle and put sealant under the holes.[/quote]

Great for a quick fix!

Apply the roof cement between the two shingle surfaces, and press into place. Wet your finger and pat down cement that squeezes through the hole, and set granules (look in gutter) into the exposed roof cement. This will seal your nail holes, and cover the repair so it matches the surrounding shingles.

Tar underneath but like I said in previous posts get ajc slate puller it’ll separate any shingles even GAF grand sequois

Use NP1- lift shingles apply to bottom section of hole , reset the shingle.

If not replace them.