More on illegal Roofers

this guy came to my door and works for 90 per square.
he also works for all my competition and claims to have access to one hundred men.

telegram.com/article/2008011 … 60591/1116

also

milforddailynews.com/homepage/x477464868

As a taxpaying citizen I believe that it is our duty to hand the keys of the country over to Mr. Tacuri. Along with the roofing markets that we serve.
We should however, as citizens, continue to pay insurance premiums and taxes to make sure that we better the lives of those that are much smarter than any American. Indeed we must continue to idolize and worship those that come here to better themselves through cheating and dis-honor.
Perhaps if we can one day control the weather, we could also manufacture hailstorms to ensure their continued success

Thank god its about time i hope the give him the gas chamber this need to happen all over the country time to go see ya maybe in my next life i will come back as border patrol agent i know what your thinking but its nice to dream but just think sitting at the border with machine guns with blinking lights that say welcome to America I have a dream

WOW

I just wonder… with few bills… no insurance…no taxes … Overhead?.. where do they come up with $90 per sq?

Thats alot more than they pay where im at. 65 and you must have insurance with that. Maybe they bring a bus load of them to the site?

Wow, the rate here is only $45.

how people can pay subs only 45$/sq. It is ridiculous. If you pay them only 45, then subs have to work extremely fast and leave a lot of mistakes with no quality job. Shame on you bull-heads! respect subs and what are you doing.

speaking about illegals, personally me I don’t care who he is if he can provide his insurance, experience and quality.

Shame on me? They are thrilled with $45. Most my competitors are working $35 to $40 a square. I get about ten calls a week from new subs willing to work for whatever. Not to mention my guys are great. I get maybe one call back every three months and its usually something petty.

[quote=“caseycolvin”]

Shame on me? They are thrilled with $45. Most my competitors are working $35 to $40 a square. I get about ten calls a week from new subs willing to work for whatever. Not to mention my guys are great. I get maybe one call back every three months and its usually something petty.[/quote]

Thats is really really sad. I know Subcontractors that pay more a square. I know SUB SUB contractors who pay more. That is unheard of. Man i feel bad work the people that work for you.

Maybee you guys can get them to bring back slavery and get them to do it for O per square.

:smiley: good joke about slavery, but thats a part of blame on subs also. Damn Mexicans and Polish are most cheapest workers who just giving away for pennies. I just lost good contractor because Polish guys.

Well, first it was the ‘Messicans’… then the Polish. How long 'til we start blaming the Martians?

In my market, the going rate for sub crews is $ 35.00 per square with the contractor providing nails - crew buys their own staples & tin tabs PLUS providing their own dump trailer.

Me, I pay my guys 45.00 to start & when I can quote a customer 50.00 to start, I do. I make them buy their own nails, however, because I don’t want to obsess over inventory, just Q.C.

I also pay (on average) $ 7.50 more per square for steeps & 2 story.

This topic is kind of like opening up pandoras box. Where exactly do you begin to classify a worker as “illegal”. I understand the non citizen prospective, but what about cash employees, misclassified sub contractors unlicensed contracting, weekend warriors.

Well MrPresident I agree with you, it is a pandoras box and it is also a black mark on an otherwise great recession proof industry. I personally feel folks that use all sub crews are not really worthy of being called a roofer contractor at all. They are brokers that hire a guy that hires another guy. Not really dealing honestly with the custumer in my humble opinion. It is no big secret that most of these imigrant crews are underpaid and overworked, If any of you guys take part in exploiting them them shame on you.

J, I’m in a 99% sub dominated market.

Should I go to NIT & take up drafting or become a nuses aide?

I am not just referencing immigrant crews although it is a problem.There are a lot of white Americans being exploited by contractors in the same way as immigrants are by contractors of all trades. Paying a worker in cash is one example. Many times they are laborers getting paid $8-$10 per hour or an underpaid craftsman getting slightly more. Where are you going here. The term is the working poor.No benefits, Retirement, sick days and lets not forget about not being covered for injuries.Just paycheck to paycheck. This is where many of your low ball competiors workforce falls. Take 1 look at any low competitor in your market and you will find one the following situation: Cash employee, an employee paid as a subcontractor. Anything is done to get around the expense of having employees. No overtime, no unemployment.Look at where these employees are living. I bet they don’t own a home, or a decent vehicle.It is just a small step above indentured servitude. How many small companies do you know that are truly legit.

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]Well, first it was the ‘Messicans’… then the Polish. How long 'til we start blaming the Martians?

In my market, the going rate for sub crews is $ 35.00 per square with the contractor providing nails - crew buys their own staples & tin tabs PLUS providing their own dump trailer.

Me, I pay my guys 45.00 to start & when I can quote a customer 50.00 to start, I do. I make them buy their own nails, however, because I don’t want to obsess over inventory, just Q.C.

I also pay (on average) $ 7.50 more per square for steeps & 2 story.[/quote]

Holy. Are you talking about new roofs? That would almost make sense if it was a new roof. But Re roofs.
PLease tell me your talking about new roofs.

If I could pay crews those rates in our area, I would have done retired by now lol.