Moire Black or Charcoal Black?

I am trying to decide between Certainteed Landmark Moire and Charcoal black. Judging from just a couple shingles I cannot really tell tell the difference. I want a dark roof, but not one that is just flat black. I guess I am asking which one is lighter. Which color should I get? Thanks

Charcoal Black has a slight amount of grayish blend added to it, so it would be noticeably.

I just had a customer who needed to see 3 different versions of Black, which I was fortunate to have installed all within one block of each other, so it made it much easier on them to instantly make a decision, errrr, I mean after 3 weeks of samples being dropped off at there home.

1st, for all types of browns.

2nd, for all types of Grays.

3rd, for all types of Blacks.

Choices were:
Moire Black, CT LM Premium
Rustic Black, TK Heritage 50
Black Walnut, TK Heritage 50

The full sized sample boards did not give them a broad enough perspective, so the reference list really came in handy.

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Charcoal Black has a slight amount of grayish blend added to it, so it would be noticeably.

I just had a customer who needed to see 3 different versions of Black, which I was fortunate to have installed all within one block of each other, so it made it much easier on them to instantly make a decision, errrr, I mean after 3 weeks of samples being dropped off at there home.

1st, for all types of browns.

2nd, for all types of Grays.

3rd, for all types of Blacks.

Choices were:
Moire Black, CT LM Premium
Rustic Black, TK Heritage 50
Black Walnut, TK Heritage 50

The full sized sample boards did not give them a broad enough perspective, so the reference list really came in handy.

Ed[/quote]

I had one of those a couple months ago, I brought them a color board for every color.
They picked resawn Shake… :roll:

Moire black is a flat black, Certainteed.
Charcoal black is very similar, GAF.

The “Moire black” is lighter than the charcoal.
It’s the one i choose.

Its gives you the color scheme you need and the charcoal look without having a black roof.