Missouri prices

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE WHAT ROOFERS ARE GETTING PER SQ IN THE ST. LOUIS AREA I LIVE IN TX AND WE DONT GET MUCH HERE MY DAD SAID IN THE 80’S HE GOT MORE THERE THAN WE DO HERE NOW IN 2008 FOR EXAMPLE HERE WE GET LES THAN $150 PER SQ FOR A EASY WALK 1 LAYER TEAR OFF 20YR COMP SHINGLE ROOF YES THAT INCLUDES THE MATERIAL AND ALL CLEAN UP ETC. THE SAD THING IS IF WE BID ANY HIGHER THE ILLEGALS GET THE WORK

From what i understand, texas is just about as low as the market gets (per square) nationwide.

I actually had to cut my price a little bit so far this year. Also almost every job has been credit card or financed (2.7% cost to me).

I guess its the economy and fuel prices that are starting to scare people into looking more a price than quality. I was bidding early in the year at last years prices, and i was’nt winning anything.

Overall our numbers are up from last year though.

I downloaded an Xactimate price list for Sprinfield, MO and found prices more than I thought.

A $10K roof up here would be about $8,500 down there.

I’m not sure about Missouri prices, I live in Nebraska. I can tell you what we get around here, a 4/12, 1 layer, with 30 year architectural singles would be 35 off, and 35 on, then 70 per square for materials. So all together that roof would run 140/sq.