Maximizing Xactimate pricing

Hello to everyone-

I am interested in some assistance properly maximizing my Xactimate pricing.

Would anyone be kind enough to share the additional line items that help increase xactimate scopes?

In addition to the standard items paid by insurance, I always try to make sure all base service charges are paid and request o&p. But, I know many of you have advanced experience working insurace claims and have learned additional line items that insurance will pay if properly presented via xactimate.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This post illustrates a point I have made several times on here…the intent of many contractors is not to determine what is the necessary and reasonable scope of repair, but instead “Maximizing Xactimate pricing” to increase the claim amount as much as possible and increase contractor profit on the job. Stated bluntly…“How much money can I extract from the insurance company ATM?”

That is clearly the intent of this post.

Why not instead simply determine the items needed to replace the roof and your reasonable cost/profit. Then submit your bid. Just like you would on a non-insurance job.

IP-

You are clearly (and intentionally) misconstruing my post.

The problem that I am having is getting the insurance company to pay real true and accurate pricing for the restoration project.

It would be great if insurance companies would just take a legitimate contractors RTA bid and pay it, however (as I know you are aware) the insurance companies want to play games and use the “that’s the price we pay” game. Insurance adjusters are constantly using Xactimate to short change the insured by leaving out many items that are required to be covered by the contractor.

I want the insured to be properly compensated for the damage they incur and be able to pay fair rates to use a legitimate well established contractor and not chuck in a truck.

It is amazing that well over 90% of all initial insurance scopes are underpaid. This is either intentional or incompetence (I’m not sure which is worse)

All,
The reality is that insurance claim settlement has devolved from a profession into a game called "who can more effectively manipulate Xactimate."
This game is played by both sides, but insurers are by far the most aggressive and egregious players.
It really doesn’t matter if a roofer presents a valid, coherent proposal based on his expectations of cost and profit. The reaction will be "that’s not what Xactimate says."
Consequently, contractors are forced into the game, and the loser is the insured.

Chris Cole
Sentry Construction Company, Inc.
Macon, GA

Cris Cole

I looked at your website. Interesting book. I am a contractor with too many low paying claims. Any real XM8 tricks to get these claims up just $15/SQ so I can move on?

[quote=“RobinHoodRepairs”]Cris Cole

I looked at your website. Interesting book. I am a contractor with too many low paying claims. Any real XM8 tricks to get these claims up just $15/SQ so I can move on?[/quote]

RobinHood,
No “tricks”, but there are some tactics that are successful. Are you estimating in Xactimate now?
If you would like, email me a recent estimate of yours and the corresponding estimate from the adjuster.

I would love to help you with these cases of being underpaid on insurance claims. My company, Fairway Solutions, is based around helping contractors with their insurance claims paperwork including writing estimates, reconciling claims and invoicing. Since my account on this forum is too new I cannot put my website as a link but you can check us out if you’re interested at fwsllc. com

Why are you not getting RTA? Is the playbook not working for you?

[quote=“InsurerPerspective”]This post illustrates a point I have made several times on here…the intent of many contractors is not to determine what is the necessary and reasonable scope of repair, but instead “Maximizing Xactimate pricing” to increase the claim amount as much as possible and increase contractor profit on the job. Stated bluntly…“How much money can I extract from the insurance company ATM?”

That is clearly the intent of this post.

Why not instead simply determine the items needed to replace the roof and your reasonable cost/profit. Then submit your bid. Just like you would on a non-insurance job.[/quote]

Expecting P&C insurance companies to pay for repairs at rates relative to the premiums paid by their “customers” is not extraction. It is however, what smart contractors who understand how the process really works and want to remain viable over the long term do. They win, their customers win and P&C pays what is truly owed - while they continue to earn record profits.

The problem is finding out how to make a profit PERIOD with the insurance companies. 10 and 10 doesn’t cut it especially since 4 1/2% goes back to Crawford Connection and can not be included in job cost. That in itself leaves 5 1/2% to cover overhead…it doesn’t work!! Estimates, Eagle View, project managers can’t be included in job cost even though they are a real cost. There must be something I’m missing.