Mark up for subcontractors

Just a quick question. Example: I am estimating a roof for a homeowner who says he wants a new gutter system. I don’t do gutters so I have a gutter guy come out and give me an estimate. How much do I mark it up in my proposal to the homeowner? percent wise?

1. per foot will cover you. 5 for downspouts.

We don’t use subs but if I did it would be somewhere around 20%. Keep in mind that if anything ever goes wrong it’s you they’ll be calling. Price is always adjusted by the customers attitude too.

ditto

my gutter guy does $2.50/ ft installed

SO YOUR GUTTER GUYS CHARGES YOU $2.50 A FOOT LABOR? HOW MUCH ARE LEAF PROOF GUTTERS PER FOOT?HOW MUCH PER FOOT ARE YOU NETTING FROM THE HOMEOWNER?

i dont do leaf proof gutters. he is charging me $2.50/ ft for matrerial and labor total. but i also give hime 7 jobs a week.

What is the gutter material ? Aluminum or zinc ?

aluminum

My buddy told me he marked up 15% on the jobs I did for him and I still charged what I charge everyone else.

My gutter guy charges $5-6 a foot for aluminum 5in gutters and $40-75 for 5in down spouts installed. For painted black fine wire galvanized gutter screens he charges $2 a foot installed. Gonna be putting them on a couple jobs in the next couple weeks and told the home owners to pay extra for the screens and I’ll put them in for free since I’d have to put the old pvc ones back in anyways.

I gave him two gutter jos which were about 350ft of remove and replace and he bought and installed the gutters on my house for free. Didn’t ask for a discount or anything, it was his idea!

Since then I gave him a $15K siding job and as many more gutter jobs as he can handle.

Got five more houses that need siding but he’s booked on siding until the end of September. I give him the name and number of the home owners and he deals through them directly.

I’ve noticed that after I’m done with roofing a home owners house they’re so happy about the performance of my company they go with every sub I tell them to go with, of course I don’t make any money off it. There’s enough money in insurance roofing to not have to worry about making money on other things.