Making your policy available

We don’t make copies of our acord certificate and hand it to customers we are bidding. When they ask, we tell them that we are insured and that if they decide to use our company, we will have the agent fax, email or usps it to them. Just wondering how the rest of you do this.

Next thing I’ve noticed, I only get maybe 2 or 3 people ask me about being insured in a year. Strange to me, because it would be the first thing I asked a contractor. Evidently consumers must not think about it, or they just assume everyone has it.

Since other companies do not supply a copy, I do.

I also make a big point of going through the entire 10 Points List On How To Choose A Roofing Contractor and this way the consumer is better educated as to who and why they should make a better choice.

Also, explain the consequences if the company they hire subs out the job to uninsured laborers and what they should be aware of if something at all happens and tell them that if they choose that route, they should add on an umbrella policy for the duration of the job.

It gets them thinking about safety, which I then get the opportunity to proudly display our OSHA Certifications. Who else does that?

Ed

my binders have to be provided by my agent my comp is thru the state so they have to issue it

I have copies in my clip board that I freely distribute and show to each and every customer. I have a copy in each of my presentation books to make sure I don’t forget to bring it up and explain the TWO polcies and the differences in each and the ramifications hiring someone without insurance.

No customer leaves my presence until they are fully aware that they risk losing their house/property.building if they hire an un-insured or under-insured contractor to do work of any kind.

[quote=“Grumpy”]I have copies in my clip board that I freely distribute and show to each and every customer. I have a copy in each of my presentation books to make sure I don’t forget to bring it up and explain the TWO polcies and the differences in each and the ramifications hiring someone without insurance.

No customer leaves my presence until they are fully aware that they risk losing their house/property.building if they hire an un-insured or under-insured contractor to do work of any kind.[/quote]

ditto…word for word