Mad as heck

I had a roofing company put on a new roof. Well these guys on the first day were here 12 hours. had it totaly tore off (2 layers) by 2 PM… ok so they came to my asked to plug in an electrical cord through my front door and then one through my back door. Mind you I have 2 outside where they were working already and they were in use. Well, for some reason while they were here working one of them (cut away) a covered switch, and I mean over kill taped up so a knife had to be used. that switch went to a deep freezer which I have filled with meat and frozen items for my daycare. Well when I noticed it about 30 hours turned off my entire load of frozen items were thawed and about 6 inches of blood was at the bottom.
I called the production manager and informed him he came right over looked and said “don’t worry we will take care of you” sooo I cleaned it out had to take 5 huge garbage bags of meat to a dumpster because it wouldn’t fit in my trash can. well I replaced the meat only costing me $460.00 it doesn’t even fill my freezer the way i had it but I figured it would be ok.
well i now get my bill and there is no mention of the deduction for the meat I lost. I call them and the production manager says one of my kids must have took the tape off and turned the freezer off because his guys say they didn’t do it. then he says his guys didn’t even use electricity the first dad. OMG the lies keep on coming. Mind you I have preschoolers and younger here and didn’t let them even go outside due to the mess and it being a safety issue from the work being done. but that switch was overkill taped so it couldn’t be untapped by a child plus its 4 feet high. these li’l guys cant even reach it. They are never even outside unattended.

My question for anyone is this… What can I do. Just take it because his guys said they didn’t do it or what? I’m not willing to just eat the loss because I know full well it was his workers who did it "looking for another outlet. :evil:

You can lodge a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs and/or the Contractors License Board. Only other option would be small claims court but it sounds like it’d be a tough one to prove. Have you gone all the way up the food chain to the owner of the company?

I told the production manager if they want their money then the owner better contact me and I will talk this over with him. Im still waiting for a call back from him. I plan on making a complaint to the contractors licensing board if this doesnt get resolved to MY satisfaction. its not like im asking for anything that isnt fair. Thank you for the reply. :smiley:

this is a small claims matter you need to file at your local court house

You could pay the bill minus the cost of the meat, and the contractor probably wouldn’t bother trying to collect the rest. Ask for a lien release for the amount you’ve paid. We write them up with a sentence mentioning any amount in dispute.

[quote=“twinterrorsmom”]I had a roofing company put on a new roof. Well these guys on the first day were here 12 hours. had it totaly tore off (2 layers) by 2 PM… ok so they came to my asked to plug in an electrical cord through my front door and then one through my back door. Mind you I have 2 outside where they were working already and they were in use. Well, for some reason while they were here working one of them (cut away) a covered switch, and I mean over kill taped up so a knife had to be used. that switch went to a deep freezer which I have filled with meat and frozen items for my daycare. Well when I noticed it about 30 hours turned off my entire load of frozen items were thawed and about 6 inches of blood was at the bottom.
I called the production manager and informed him he came right over looked and said “don’t worry we will take care of you” sooo I cleaned it out had to take 5 huge garbage bags of meat to a dumpster because it wouldn’t fit in my trash can. well I replaced the meat only costing me $460.00 it doesn’t even fill my freezer the way i had it but I figured it would be ok.
well i now get my bill and there is no mention of the deduction for the meat I lost. I call them and the production manager says one of my kids must have took the tape off and turned the freezer off because his guys say they didn’t do it. then he says his guys didn’t even use electricity the first dad. OMG the lies keep on coming. Mind you I have preschoolers and younger here and didn’t let them even go outside due to the mess and it being a safety issue from the work being done. but that switch was overkill taped so it couldn’t be untapped by a child plus its 4 feet high. these li’l guys cant even reach it. They are never even outside unattended.

My question for anyone is this… What can I do. Just take it because his guys said they didn’t do it or what? I’m not willing to just eat the loss because I know full well it was his workers who did it "looking for another outlet. :evil:[/quote]

just deduct $460.00 from payment