Thanks, again. We bought this house two months ago knowing that we would have to do something soon with the roof. The current roof is a flat roof with tar and gravel and I figure is at least 20 to 25 years old. The house was built in 1954. The following is the scope of work that the roofer has proposed. It seems reasonable to me but I know very little about roofing.
Scope of Work
• Remove all gravel and spud the roof surface.
• Perform any field repair needed with torch down rolled roofing.
• Thoroughly clean all the roofs surfaces of loose dust and debris.
• Penetrations: 3 course with acrylic mastic and reinforcement fabric.
• Base flashings parapet walls
o Seal any separation between the drip edge and roofing membrane with 800
mastic and 6” polyester fabric.
• Field Blisters and low spots.
o Install celotex at the white x’s to raise areas of ponding water. Secure with
screws and plates and cover with 75# base sheet.
• Field of Roof
o Apply 1 coat of asphalt emulsion and immediately embed polyester fabric into the
emulsion at a coverage rate of 6gal/100sf.
o Apply two top coats of ElastaHyde 720 at a coverage rate of 1.5 gal per coat, per
100 sq. ft. for finished surface in the color WHITE.
• Misc. Details:
o Apply 800 mastic and polyester fabric around skylight curbs, vents, etc.
o Clean up entire area and legally dispose all construction debris.
Thanks for any and all comments.