Insurance Supplements

You can always consider the appraisal process. If you go to appraisal the insurance bullshit is thrown out the door. Many Public Adjusters are appraiser also.

My husband and myself have worked for a roofing company for around 6 years. He was a project manager and I was an office assistant. We weren’t happy with the way they treated their homeowners or crews so we decided to go out on our own. Well this is the first time I have come across an adjuster that doesn’t use Xactimate. The summary he gave the H/O was labeled SIMSOL and it had exactly 3 lines then a total at the bottom minus the deductible. That was it. When we sent him a copy of the Xactimate we pulled he added 1 more line to his including 3 pipe boots. There are no O & P, dump fees or drip edge on his estimate. He sent the H/O an email that said if we couldn’t do the job for the price he quoted he would be happy to refer him some local roofers that would. We completed the job today, but I was reading your threads and think I should try supplementing. I’ve never personally submitted a supplement. Since it is going to a desk adjuster now, should I just send him a copy of our Xactimate? New and Confused - lol

Write a heading letter describing what you are wanting to supplement and why it is justified. Include a copy of your estimate as an attached PDF file. In the future, supplement prior to doing the work, you’ll find your success rate will go up substantially.

Thank you so much! This really helps me out