I'm subbing out my gutters

What type of things do I need to know so that I compare apples to apples? For example, what thickness metal is the highest quality?

hahaha…first you need to sell your gutters before you sub them out. you mean you are buying gutters. as far as i know in my area they are almost all the same (aluminum).

There isn’t any different thickness levels or fasteners. I kind of look at myself as the contractor of my home remodel project :smiley: Therefore, I am going to use a gutter company as one of my subcontractors.

I like the 20oz copper half round gutters.

%between%http://www.roofersreview.com/d/1331-3/Copper+Gutters.jpgimagelink

many many years ago we used to install .032 Alcoa aluminum gutters.

Use hidden hangers and seamless.

While I sure like the look of the copper gutters, given the price of copper these days, wouldn’t it be cheaper to paper machete $10 bills together and use that instead?

Sounds to me like you don’t know anything about gutters!

Stay away then, Let Gutter Contractor Bid It.LOL!

“Sounds to me like you don’t know anything about gutters!”

He doesn’t; that’s why he’s here. He’s a homeowner DIYer looking for information to help him make reasonable and informed decisions. Honestly from your posts I wouldn’t laugh too loud, heh.

A DIY Homeowner usually does not refer to SUBBING out work. More like getting Bids or prices. to me this is a contractor.

no offense was intended.

Be Nice.

I am not admitting to be a know it all. Like everyone else. just responding to help with my abilities. I am not right 100% with my opinions. But i don’t think everyone else is either.

I was nice…once. Back in 85’ maybe :twisted:

Tar, sorry bout that.

Gutter and downspouts
5K and 6K(normally commercial size)
2"x3" and 3"X4" downspouts sizes.

Aluminum .027 or .028 (typical)i believe
.032 (heavier)

and Copper 16oz.

Quotes pending house stories, roof pitches,trees, etc.

all factors, determine water run-off loads for size Gutter and Downspout system you should need.

Message me a bikini pic and you’re forgiven. Mwuhaha!

im sending one right now :wink:

[quote=“War_Goddess_A”]A DIY Homeowner usually does not refer to SUBBING out work. More like getting Bids or prices. to me this is a contractor.

no offense was intended.

Be Nice.

I am not admitting to be a know it all. Like everyone else. just responding to help with my abilities. I am not right 100% with my opinions. But i don’t think everyone else is either.[/quote]

I guess subbing was a bad choice of words. I just need to make an informed decision on which contractor to go with for my gutters. If one contractor uses a different thickness metal, I want to factor that in on my decision.

seamless k5 with hidden hangers…just like GTP said.