Ice dam removal calls are coming in like crazy

Bumping an old post. There are a lot of calls coming in again this year for ice and snow removal in Connecticut. maybe someone will see this post and give us a call if there in CT. thanks 860-309-0493

my ice and snow web page eliteconstructionct.com/IceAndSnow.html

[quote=“wadman1”]Bumping an old post. There are a lot of calls coming in again this year for ice and snow removal in Connecticut. maybe someone will see this post and give us a call if there in CT. thanks 860-309-0493
[/quote]

I’m in the mid-hudson valley and we are having a similar problem here - many people with ice dams and leaks (including me). It was recommended to me to use hot water to melt through the thick ice in the gutters to create a channel for melting snow to flow down. Any suggestions on how effective that would be? One concern I have is pouring water on a roof that is already leaking, which seems counter-intuitive.

I’m in the mid-hudson valley and we are having a similar problem here - many people with ice dams and leaks (including me). It was recommended to me to use hot water to melt through the thick ice in the gutters to create a channel for melting snow to flow down. Any suggestions on how effective that would be? One concern I have is pouring water on a roof that is already leaking, which seems counter-intuitive.[/quote]

You won’t be able to produce enough hot water to melt the ice, your water heater simply is not up to the task.

Steam will work very good.

The International Olympic Committee is considering adding Ice Damn breaking to the 2018 winter games

Several things about ice dams:

Roofer J is closer with his 300.00 for the first hour price. Remember you need to cover your payroll, overhead and the liability is HUGE. So easy to get hurt doing snow removal. Also keep in mind that if you are doing things by the book, your men are tied into permanent roof anchors and someone correct me if I’m wrong but for most Insurance Companys Snow Removal is a different thing altogether. Meaning if your guys get hurt doing snow removal and you are not specifically covered for snow removal, you are NOT covered.

You can fill cheap womens stockings with calcium chloride and toss them across the ice dam with limited success.

I would not advocate busting ice with a hammer or other objects that can damage roofs or gutters. If things are that bad then consider investing in an Arctic Steamer americanpressureinc.com/arct … ution.html

We haven’t found a lot of money in snow removal. By the time you factor in buying tools like shovels, roof rakes, salt, etc. Factor in the huge liability and (this is a big one) the percentage of people that will not pay you, it’s more a matter of keeping your guys busy in the winter months when work is slow. Your mileage may vary.

I am the owner of VanVleet Construction. We offer nationwide ice dam steaming services and have been doing so for several years. We are one of the largest ice dam steaming companies in the nation. As far as damage free, and efficiency goes there is no ice dam removal method that comes close to steam. Steam ice dam removal is by far the best method to date. There is now an ice dam steaming association that I am proud to say we are one of the first members of. This association gives homeowners nationwide the info they need when deciding what to do about their ice dam problems. Here is a link to our site where you will find a link to our ice dam steaming association page. Hammers, chisels and hot pressure washers (no matter how far you reduce the pressure) only damage roofs. The largest problem homeowners run into when it comes to ice dam removal is that they are hiring companies that use pressure washers or hammers. They need to be searching for ice dam steaming companies or steam ice dam removal companies. VanVleet Construction, A Steam Ice Dam Removal Company

Are you doing much steaming this Winter? How many steamers do you run when busy? See a lot of companies getting into this now. What brand steamers do you run?

I’ve seen a lot of ice dam removal calls in the past couple of years here in Canada. I think it has to do with the rapid temperature changes we’ve been seeing in the past few years.

We melt the ice dams with a controlled steam heating process that is safe for the roof and shingles. Ice dams and build up are cleared three feet from the roof line, which allows melting snow to drain off the roof while preventing water accumulation.

Spam. Please go away.

It is again that time of the year when ice dams will form. So be careful and take care of your roof before it is too late.

Choice Roofing

I have an ice dam removal website as well. I have an looking for guys with steamers in other states I’m not in if you are interested in posting a post on my website about your company let me know.

Hey I’m in Connecticut also my website is http://steamicedamremoval.com
[/quote]

I’d like a video of that too!

Like a video of if what, steaming an ice dam?