How much to charge for a tile roof

What is the price per square of mission tile?
what would a price per square of tile do you guys go by time and material or is there a standard that you work with I been told 700 to 1000 per square is that for big and small companies or is there a formula such time and material?
This guys wants a single roof to be converted tile he is a structural engineer so he performed the calculation and the structure does not need reinforcement.
I can calculate time and material but does not come close to 700 to 1000 so what would you guys base your calculation to come up with a bid?
Thank You In advance I do appreciate people that takes there time to answer question for us starting companies!!

We have been in business for a long time doing slate and tile work. We don’t have a standard per sq price for new installs because there are way too many variables. You really have to look at every job on an individual basis if you want to stay in business. The type, brand, color, accessories, dramatically affect your material cost. The layout, type of roof, and access, dramatically affects your labor costs. A hipped tile roof with valleys can easily be double the amount of labor vs. A rectangle of the same size. If you are doing mission tile with 2x4 battons, that adds significant labor vs. An “S” tile.

Everything MPA said. Standard pricing will put you out of business, and quickly.

There are no standard prices per square because all houses are different (discounting production-style repeats) and pretty much all clay tiles (“S”, 2-piece, flat / slab, Roman cap & pan, etc.) are different and made by a number of different domestic and foreign producers. Add in the “copper flashing vs. galvanized” flashing pricing debate and you’ve got a mess on your hands.

“Tracking” price per square for your own back up when doing a spreadsheet or other pricing formulas is always a good idea. Tracking will be a red flag to warn you if you’re way off (high or low) from what you will find to be your typical sweet spot after you’ve done enough of the jobs.