How much do do the job

Hello guys I just found this board looking for some info. It seems you can find anything on the net these days.

Well I purchased a building 2 years ago and the roof has a few leaks against the walls. The roof is flat and what appears to be tin over bar joists. On the top side there is tar and gravel.

All of the roof is great accept 3 spots on 3 different sides has a leak against the inside wall. I can run a screw driver through the tin on the inside of the building on these spots but not all the way through the roof just through the tin. Also the tar on the roof is rolled up the brick about 8-10 inches and there is a radius ( in the corners.

I don’t really don’t want to repair the whole roof since at this time I don’t have any other leaks.

What would you guys suggest. If I were to have the roof redone what would be a fair cost to expect to pay for a building 40x60.

Thanks for the info,

Carlos T.

ill do it for no less than $250k

When a horse has a broken leg, you shoot the whole horse and get a new one. Your horse has three broken legs.

Roofs cost between 3 and 10 dollars a square foot. Depending on what ya choose will tell ya what is fair.

Bossman uses gold plated jrib roofing thats why hes at 105 psf. :stuck_out_tongue:

without pictures of the roof and that is on top of the roof. we really can not even give you an idea of what it should cost there are to many variables that are there to be aable to be fair to you and give you a correct answer.

Hi,

I could set the three legs. I can hold a roof together.

At some point it is not cost effective. Not every roofing contractor may be able to hold your roof together.

You may waste a lot of money finding this out. Just because someone says they can does not mean they can. I fix their work all the time.

Most times I am the last person they call. Why I do not know.

what town is the building located?

gweedo.

[quote=“cowboy”]When a horse has a broken leg, you shoot the whole horse and get a new one. Your horse has three broken legs.

Roofs cost between 3 and 10 dollars a square foot. Depending on what ya choose will tell ya what is fair.

Bossman uses gold plated jrib roofing thats why hes at 105 psf. :P[/quote]

really? what about slate and copper? what about flatlocked and soldered copper? I think it is gonna cost a little more than 10 bucks a foot.

point being, that’s bad advice to hand out in such general terms.

i have a dog with 3 legs.

Are you arguing just for arguin’s sake Aaron? The guy has a flat roof so slate isnt going to work. I dont know anybody so loose with money to put copper on a roof you cant see. The point is the guy doesnt think he even needs a new roof. if i was writing a book I could come up with 50 different scinerios where that roof would cost more than 10bucks. gimmie a break and go take a nap or somethin.

put a 5 ply pitch with a double pour of gravel,sbs flasings with a poly backer.and you’ll be dead before it needs to be replaced again.

that would land squarely within the range.

dont do it roofboss.

Aaronb does not argue for the sake of it.
its just plain ole arguein.

he can do that.
hes Aaronb.
knows his stuff.

its funny how one starts butterin up to mr Aaronb, after they start there new foam inspector job.

gweedo.

:? i dont get it.

I think Cowboy needs a nap. Commin into town guns a blazin.

Some of the variables you haven’t given us (& can’t even remotely begin to be answered via photos only) is how many penetrations are through the roof?

What’s the surface like as far as ponding & negative drain?

Any scuppers? If so, what’s their general condition?

Providing a warranty for a repair only job means you are hoping the repair is the sole source of your leak (for the homeowner) & for the contractor, it’s a possible liability because some other area (bad spot in waiting) could impact your repair but hasn’t shown itself to be a concern yet.

But, I do understand you’re looking for a WAG (wild ^$$ guess).

Roof Boss had it correct in product, but then we also need to know either your city or state or region before pricing it out accordingly (variables in parts & labor based on location).

30,000.00 w/ new sheathing,roofboss has a good system----what is this?aaron worship :stuck_out_tongue: he is pretty good but don`t inflate his head anymore