Holes in roof after replacement of shingles

Had new shingles put in, is it normal to have holes? Roofer said it is and has not offered to fix.

GAF Timberline HD Reflector Series "Charcoal" color: Good choice in So Cal or too hot? PLEASE HELP!
Radiant Barrier OSB Over Skip Sheathing--PLEASE HELP

What do you mean by holes? Do you have a photos?

Can you please send me an email address the forum won’t allow multiple pictures.

Thank you.

Yvette

If it’s plank decking, you might have some splits in the wood or knot holes punched out, but I think you have some rot that wasn’t replaced.

Should that have been replaced before placing new shingles?

1" holes are no big deal, the larger one should have been chopped out. Looks small enough that a metal patch would have been sufficient to.

Likely won’t cause you problems but that certainly isn’t Grade A work by your roofer. Those rotten areas should have been replaced.

GAF Timberline HD Reflector Series "Charcoal" color: Good choice in So Cal or too hot? PLEASE HELP!
Radiant Barrier OSB Over Skip Sheathing--PLEASE HELP

Question I have is do I let the insurance company know, and do i make the payment or until repairs are done, I had the whole roof replaced, but rotted wood wasn’t replaced. In several places.

Why would you possibly consider letting the insurance company know? It has nothing to do with them and all you would be doing is potentially opening a can of worms. If there are a couple of larger holes, you could require the crew to come back out and repair those. Other than that, pay them.