Help identifying a roof structure

Hi,

I’m conducting a survey on a early victorian building and the roof structure is one i haven’t come across before, does anyone know what you would call it.

The body of the house is square and there are roof slopes to all 4 sides, but instead of meeting at an apex at the top there is a small flat roof.

I could only describe it as a being similar to a 4-sided pyramid with the apex cut off.

Any ideas anyone? Someone suggested cut-roof but i thought that referred to the timber structure construction.

Thanks in advance for any help!

James

Sometimes referred to as a “widows peak” roof.

Stories would say that the wife of a soldier would sit up on the flat roof, waiting for her husband to return from war.

is it this?
mansard.org/index.htm

go to my website and look under recent projects and look at 903 north main (but without the dormers) yes…its a widows peak (hip roof that doesnt come to a point)

good stuff guys.

gweedo.

Hey, Marshall… I’m looking @ your thumbnail pics & want to know how you got all those tiger stripes on the houses.

Does that cost extra?

:mrgreen:

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]Hey, Marshall… I’m looking @ your thumbnail pics & want to know how you got all those tiger stripes on the houses.

Does that cost extra?

:mrgreen:[/quote]