GAF Timberline HD Re-roof

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could take a quick look of the pictures of my shingle re-roof in progress to see if it raises any flags. The job is being done by a local roofing company with a good reputation. They’re also a GAF Certified Master Elite contractor.

Link to gallery of pictures:

The tear-off/underlayment was done last week. Most of the shingles were put on today and planned to resume tomorrow.

I noticed that it doesn’t look like the starter strip or bottom shingles go over the drip edge by the 1/4" – 3/4" recommended. It looks like the starter strip was only used horizontally and not vertically as well. The flashing around the electrical mast also caught my eye. I was expecting one of the boots that I normally see on houses around here. Would any of these things be concerning or at risk of jeopardizing the GAF Systems Plus manufacturers warranty? This is in Florida.

Any other thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.

In florida (worst codes in the country) they will fail your roof if you overhang your shingles over your drip edge. Also vertical starter strips are optional (and completely not necessary in florida as its also a code to glue the shingles down to all drip edge with roofing cement). Yeah, I’m not a fan when people do pipes like that either but it can be done in those tricky situations. The nailing looked a bit sloppy but probably 90% of roofing companies to sloppy nailing.

They did everything right!
Very impressive!
I cant criticize a thing!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

The lead boot on the tall pipe looks like it was cut and it’s not tall enough to fold over the top of the pipe.

Everything else looks fine.