Foam roofing

I KNOW YOU MUST NOW DO A COOL ROOF SYSTEM IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WHEN THE ROOF IS UP TO A CERTAIN SIZE AND HAS A/C UNITS. I HERE THERE IS A BITUMEN THAT YOU CAN NOW USE THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR THE COOL ROOF SYSTEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS? :mrgreen:

i think youll have to explain a little better to get a responce on this one.
maybe Q can help, hes from cali.

gweedo.

There is a certain type of material you have to use in CA on commercial roofs exceeding a certain size that has ac units. Its called a cool roof system and i think one of the types of material you can use is Carlisle TPO. - We would usually just do a double ply of torched down bitumen in this case - but now the new law in CA makes it more difficult.- Does anyone know of anything close to the torched down bitumen material that you can use in this situation?

yea ROOFMASTERS i got in my hands an old booklet for the Title 24 they seem to be coming up with more laws every dam year in this State .

Apparently there will be a new update on this same law for 2008 so be ready :evil:

Ill pm you a phone number of the GAF low slope local rep

he is pretty cool ( haha ) and he must know a good answer for you since he probably get asked the same thing over and over .

Give him a call …

dont forget to check your pm …

below is more info on this california law

http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/

:wink:

Hello,

Q your new avitar is pretty hilarious.

Keith

yeh tx i couldnt find any good roofing ones so i made one myself…

It describes exactly how i feel about bad feeders :mrgreen:

I wanted to swipe your avatar for use in another forum, but it is coming out too large (they only want 6kb if you can believe that!!! & Yours comes in @ 37.4).

Well I am guilty of actually doing that on more than one occasion… :twisted:

Hehe 6kb is nothing

cant get anything animated for that almost .

I’m not sure if it qualifies, but you may want to look into Performance Roof Systems Derbibrite membrane. Of course, you would also need to be an approved applicator to use their membrane. As far as TPO’s, you can check out Carlisle, GAF, Firestone, and I believe even Johns Manville, to name a few. I can only assume the Green Roof you are referring to must be LEEDS compliant.

TRY THE TREMCO ROCK-IT SYSTEM, THE ONLY MANUFACTURER OF WHITE FLOOD COAT AND GRAVEL. THEY ALSO MANUFACTURE A WHITE MB THAT GETS APPLIED IN A WHITE ADHESIVE.BOTH TITLE 24 SYSTEMS!

TREMCOROOFING.COM