Estimate

the roof is approximately 1225 sq. ft.7 on 12 pitch.no valleys or anything to hinder shingles.how much would it cost to replace roof just reshingled.

I’ll be first to guess,

$2-4K for going over.
$3-5K for tearing off.

[quote=“dougger222”]I’ll be first to guess,

$2-4K for going over.
$3-5K for tearing off.[/quote]

ditto…but, how did you come up with the measurement? how many layers are on it? try to post some pics for a more accurate price. also it is very important…where are you located? pricing varies drastically by region.

What type of roofing is to be installed?

Standing seam? Certainteed Grand Manor? IKO crapshingle?

27,000.00 and I’ll put on either kind, whichever you want.

you low bid hack!! 8)

Sorry if i can not see it i can not bid it. Why not call roofing contractors that have insurance???

I bid tree-fiddy!

Seriously though, we need a mod to make a sticky post explaining to people how utterly useless it is to ask for price quotes here. Maybe I will just type it up and cut and paste it…again and again.

*edit
Holy ****! I didn’t even notice someone photoshopped a bong in there. Bwahahahaha…too funny. Bong Barker!

12 squares? just an overlay? no more than 2 grand, done in a day, but u need to say where your at.im roofing in n.e ohio area

Big Mike did you forget to include your labor in that estimate of 2 grand?

never layover your old shingles the problems that will cause in the future are bad i walk away from jobs when people ask me to do that my business is 50% money and 50% pleasing the customer it should never be about just the money

never layover your old shingles the problems that will cause in the future
what the h— are you talking about 7/12 2 straight sides, WHY NOT, this is a perfect scenario, for a layover. Manufacturers warrant the aplication, so why on earth would you say NEVER, where do you “so called” roofers come from.

[quote=“another roofing pro”]never layover your old shingles the problems that will cause in the future
what the h— are you talking about 7/12 2 straight sides, WHY NOT, this is a perfect scenario, for a layover. Manufacturers warrant the aplication, so why on earth would you say NEVER, where do you “so called” roofers come from.[/quote]

30yr shingles will last 17-22 yrs approx. you will get no ice & water shield, added weight to the structure, poss. cover rotted wood…etc., us so called roofers come from the roofing industry…and yourself? :wink:

I am pretty sure that the OP is from Florida…where the routine as far as I know is to strip the entire roof, for a sheathing inspection, install truss clips/ hurricane clips,renail all sheathing, and cover entire roof with self sealing membrane before installing any kind of roof…
I read today …NO GO_OVERS IN FLORIDA…

Marshall,
Homeowner said 2 STRAIGHT SIDES, nothing to hinder shingles and 7/12 pitch. No good reason layover is not acceptable. The issue I had with “so called” roofers was statement “NEVER layover, will cause future problems,” NOT TRUE. I have seen layovers, with proper ventilation, flashing and application, last just as long (if not longer) than a tear off. If the manufacturer will warrant the application then why say never? As far as weight is concerned I have never, in my 15 years in business ran across any 2nd layer cause a structural problem, even on 3/8 plywood 24" on center. Ice and water is great in certain situations, but if the roof has never had any ice dams or wind driven rain problems at the eves in 20years, I dont think it is necessary. Don’t get me wrong, I am all for tearing off, you get to inspect the decking, structure, install enhanced underlayments, get a smoother application, and most important make more money. I am just saying in the case of doing a nailover, never say never, but that is just my opinion and you know what they say, opinions are just like a holes everyone has one and they all stink.
P.S. I also come from the industry, 20 years and counting, and you?

I just got a bid today for $4900 for

1830 Sq. ft
no valleys,
double tear off.
6-12 roof

I am in the south suburbs of chicago.

uh mike?

2000?

gweed