Drywall and paint labor cost

Hey guys I gotda question.Can someone give my an estimate (ballpark is cool)price on what to charge for labor to hang drywall and painting a auto sales building.The drywall on the ceiling is 30x80. I need to refinish the whole ceiling. Guys many thanks from one roofer to another
GregW

How long will it take you(be reasonable then add 20 -25%)? How much is the material(wether you buy it or not you need to know this)? How much is your labor worth or how much does it cost you? How much do you need to cover your overhead? What is your target profit?

Then
I would get a good drywaller to look at it and give you an estimate.

Greg, have you ever done this kind of work before? If so, but not pricing it out on your own, give what you think might be a “reasonable” but slightly low price just to get your foot in the door on the project & I’ll bet that after your 5th job, you will be able to quote prices pretty spot on to where you need to be.

Me, the only thing I know about tape / float / texture is to call someone else.

I’ve done it at my home, but not outside of it ya know. Appericate the replies.

[quote=“GregW”]Hey guys I gotda question.Can someone give my an estimate (ballpark is cool)price on what to charge for labor to hang drywall and painting a auto sales building.The drywall on the ceiling is 30x80. I need to refinish the whole ceiling. Guys many thanks from one roofer to another
GregW[/quote]

Well last time i checked just to hang and finish drywall labor and material included is about $50.00 per sheet one coat of primer thats all i know used to use tape banjo’s and 8", 10" boxes to finish with level 5 finish (skim) costs more just saying ceilings are a little bit more work and hard on the neck

Hey GregW, The Labor Price To JUST hang and finish NO PAINT, could be anywhere from 1500 to 1800 dollars and you supply material, which will be around 800.

Around here, labor is,

walls, hang it…20 cents a sqft.
walls, finish…80 cents sqft.
ceilings, hang…40 cents
ceiling, finish…$1.20

paint, 1 coat primer, 2 coats paint…$1 sq ft.