Does anyone happen to recognize this roof?

It was installed 11 years ago…thought to be GAF 40yr Timberline…the GAF boys say nope…I’ve had some suggestions but haven’t been able to nail it down…Thanks in advance

http://gioffice.com/closeup5.jpg
http://gioffice.com/over%20living%20room.jpg

Hi,

Maybe Atlas

Thanks for the idea…Atlas Pinnacle (Hearthstone Gray)…it’s possible…wish they had a better hi-res pic on their site…I’m going to look for a sample.

i’m guessing Elk! :roll:

What region is it located in? Certain manufacturers don’t supply products (or didn’t) @ the time of installation to certain areas of the USA.

But yeah, that could be a Hearthstone Atalas.

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]What region is it located in? Certain manufacturers don’t supply products (or didn’t) @ the time of installation to certain areas of the USA.

But yeah, that could be a Hearthstone Atalas.[/quote]

South Central WI…11yrs ago…I’m checking Elk also.
I know Elk was avail here…not sure on Atlas yet…thanks

maybe those shingles are celotex back about 11 or 12 yrs ago celotex was big in the madison wi area.they are no longer in the shingle business i would call a certinteed rep besause they bought the celotex 50yr presidental shingle line.that looks like the gaf gran sequoia. ilive in so.wisconsin if you have any questions send me a personal message

If you can remove one and look on the strip the keeps them from sticken together

Definately not Grand Sequoia

Is that cracking due to heat expansion (poor attic ventilation) or something else? If you do get ahold of the CertainTeed rep, they may not have enough ‘time’ in the business to know of any defects.

Try to ask someone @ any wholesaler whohas been working in the biz for @ least 7 or 8 years; they may have heard of a bad lot or couple of months worth of defective product.

Problem is after about 6 or 7 years, the warranty is basically useless anyhow; the sliding scale of what % they’d pay is pretty lame.

My .02 cents, anyhow.

Checked…nothing on that strip.

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]Is that cracking due to heat expansion (poor attic ventilation) or something else? If you do get ahold of the CertainTeed rep, they may not have enough ‘time’ in the business to know of any defects.

Try to ask someone @ any wholesaler whohas been working in the biz for @ least 7 or 8 years; they may have heard of a bad lot or couple of months worth of defective product.

Problem is after about 6 or 7 years, the warranty is basically useless anyhow; the sliding scale of what % they’d pay is pretty lame.
[/quote]

Ranchhand…the cracking is the issue…this installation has good attic ventilation so I was thinking defect…still trying to get to the bottom of it.

On your warranty comment…how good (or bad) can a 40 year roof warranty be after 11 years?

http://www.gaf.com/General/GafMain.asp?Silo=CONT&WS=GAF this is as close as I could get to GAF’s warranty… once you click, look on the L side & follow the “Warranties & Guaranties” link; then go to Steep Slope (which is basically any product above a low slope).

Their “basic” warranty covers a maximum of 10 years & labor is not included “Only during non pro-rated period.”

For Atlas, here is their Pinnacle warranty: http://atlasroofing.com/Pages/Warranties.asp?id=28

Finally, here is something I don’t know if ANY contractor has ever told a customer & even then, I don’t know if a customer has done: You must complete and mail the attached warranty registration card within thirty (30) days of the installation date of your shingles to qualify for applicable warranty coverage. * Of course, this applies to ‘basic’ installations where an upgraded warranty through the mfg is either supplied or sold.*

Incredible.
This is going to be a learning experience.

Hi,

We regester the warranty for our customers.

They look like G.P. Summit before they changed to Atlas Pinnacles. The G.P. Summits had two white nail lines on them to show nail placement. They don’t look like Elk or Celotex to me and I have installed all of the above.

its not atlas hearthstone grey(just did one,i think its a owens corning w/the black shadow line