Decra shingles

what do you guys think of decra products? the Co. I took a job with last summer has been selling tons of decra shingles. this winter we had many leaky roofs, (decra leaks only) whats up with that??? this is the 1st time i’ve used decra, I have over 15 years of roofing exp and never have i seen so many call backs on a particular product. We have competent crews, use titanium and grace underlayment and proper install techniques… just not really liking this product right now. any thoughts or input on the product?

Usually its not the shingles that fail. Its usually flashings that fail.

well the decra roof systems cant be install with 15pound felt… if u are the owner think about it water is going to find its way in, but if u use a good underlayment u wont have any problems… i did about 20 tiles and 7 shingles …just dont use felt

Decra is an excellent product that stands up to the harshest conditions… if installed correctly. It is very labor intensive, and takes a lot of time and patience to do the details right. A sloppily applied Decra roof will leak every time…no amount of super-underlayment will prevent it. Dont be afraid of the material, just take your time and do everything to the manufacturer’s specs, and you will have great success.

ANY PRODUCT IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE INSTALLERS. TEACH YOUR ROOFERS HOW TO INSTALL DECRA.