Cooley Illusions AaronB

Hey Aaron,
I am looking into the Illusions product and wondered if you have used it? It looks like they loose lay the material and fasten the edges and peak only. I am in Fl. and don’t know if that would pass our codes. If you have used it whats your opinion on ease of installation and overall product in general. If any one else has an opinion I would love to here it as well. I understand Gwetto is in the Tampa area and the closest supplier to me is ABC in Tampa. If Gwetto has knowledge, be nice to here his take on it.
Thanks Mike

I know that lefty was looking into it we have done other products like this .

Thanks smacarac,
I will wait for Lefty, and see what he found out.
Hey Gweedo sorry I guessed at your spelling, never been a good speller or guesser. MW

Hi,

I never installed any.

I know it passes Florida codes. Tom Hay used to install it.

I think it can also be fully adheard like sanafil.Its made be Cooley in pawtucket rhode island. it welds a little easier than sarnafil.

Does it have miami-dade county approval?

THANKS GUYS
James, I’m in Brevard county and mobile homes do not get permitted, they are controlled by motor vehicle. (crazy) anyway for them I don’t think you would need a NOA on it. It wont be long before they require us in Brevard to go Miami Dade. Not looking forward to that. I did some jobs down south, pain in the ass pulling permits.

I must humbly admit that I have never used this product. I have seen it, and it looks like a great solution to low slope roofing when a shingled look is desired.

I believe it is like any other comparable system, whereas you can mechanically fasten, or fully adhere it to a properly secured substrate.

I am not familiar, so you will want to talk to others on this site that have experience with it.

Hey Thanks Aaron, I have received samples from cooley they are great they sent a big box of samples and all kinds of littiture. It looks like a sellable product, from a short ways back it really looks like shingles. We’ll see about pulling permits on it, they have changed their minds again and now require permits on mobile homes. I try but just cant keep up with the building dept.

hey doc,
nice to see another foridian.

at first i said "what in hell is an illusion roof?
then read a little more and see that yall are talking
bout that durolast with shingles painted on it.
got a bunch of them around me here.
damn things are doin pretty good.

i am worried about them in high winds though.

but ive done alot of durolast.
and that stuff is just good.

gweedo.

[quote=“gweedo”]hey doc,
nice to see another foridian.

at first i said "what in hell is an illusion roof?
then read a little more and see that yall are talking
bout that durolast with shingles painted on it.
got a bunch of them around me here.
damn things are doin pretty good.

i am worried about them in high winds though.

but ive done alot of durolast.
and that stuff is just good.

gweedo.[/quote]

It is not Durolast, is it? It is cooley I believe.

High wind? Cant you fully adhere this system to meet the Miami Dade?