Compressor question on preference

what kind off compressor do u guys( that roof 5 or 6 days a week running 2 -3 guns) like to use???

It is totally personal preference. I personally prefer Hitachi or Emglo. I’ve heard good things about some of the Dewalt and Makita models. The only ones I’ve heard really bad things about are the cheap porter cables.

I’ve run the Roll Air compressors a lot in the past 10 years. The Honda 5.5 GSX motor is bullet proof it’s the pumps that are not.

Ran an older Emglo for most of the Summer and it looks like the 5.5 Honda motor is shot which is ok since I’ve got a few spare motors laying around. They say the pumps are good on the Emglo’s which is now owned by Dewalt.

Have a Dewalt compressor also with the 5.5 Honda which will only run at 1/4-1/2 choke. It’s a good back up compressor.

The work horse is the 13 hp Honda dual pump Roll Air.

[quote=“dougger222”]I’ve run the Roll Air compressors a lot in the past 10 years. The Honda 5.5 GSX motor is bullet proof it’s the pumps that are not.

Ran an older Emglo for most of the Summer and it looks like the 5.5 Honda motor is shot which is ok since I’ve got a few spare motors laying around. They say the pumps are good on the Emglo’s which is now owned by Dewalt.

Have a Dewalt compressor also with the 5.5 Honda which will only run at 1/4-1/2 choke. It’s a good back up compressor.

The work horse is the 13 hp Honda dual pump Roll Air.[/quote]

I didn’t know DeWalt bought emglo, how long ago did that happen?

I have an Ingersoll Rand that just refuses to die.
It has been going for 6-7 years, I don’t take care of it as good as I should either, never have…
5.5 hp Honda with a cast iron pump, 2 four gallon tanks.

When I look for a compressor I don’t look at the brand of the compressor, I look for a cast iron pump with a Honda motor.
This is generally a $700 - $900 item.

[quote=“caseycolvin”]

[quote=“dougger222”]I’ve run the Roll Air compressors a lot in the past 10 years. The Honda 5.5 GSX motor is bullet proof it’s the pumps that are not.

The work horse is the 13 hp Honda dual pump Roll Air.[/quote]

I didn’t know DeWalt bought emglo, how long ago did that happen?[/quote]

I dont know for sure when but it was said by more than one person who sells nails, guns, and compressors. Not 100% sure but I think my Dewalt even says Emglo on it. Will have to look next time.

[quote="-Axiom-"]I have an Ingersoll Rand that just refuses to die.
It has been going for 6-7 years, I don’t take care of it as good as I should either, never have…
5.5 hp Honda with a cast iron pump, 2 four gallon tanks.

When I look for a compressor I don’t look at the brand of the compressor, I look for a cast iron pump with a Honda motor.
This is generally a $700 - $900 item.[/quote]

Where did you buy your Ingersoll Rand?

[quote=“dougger222”]

I didn’t know DeWalt bought emglo, how long ago did that happen?

I dont know for sure when but it was said by more than one person who sells nails, guns, and compressors. Not 100% sure but I think my Dewalt even says Emglo on it. Will have to look next time.[/quote]

i have a hitachi now.
i like elc. compressor.
let h/o pay to run it.

gweedo.