Christmas Lights Can Generate Big $$

I started doing Christmas lights 2 years ago as a way of making extra money during the slow winter months. I got so many clients, and made so much money, that I took 4 months off this year. I’m loving it, and I just have to tell you guys… give it a try, you’ll be amazed.

If anyone has any questions, or needs help getting started, please let me know, I have a bunch of training material, and manuals that I purchased, and I can give them to you for free!

Alright, I will be the first to respond.

What products do you install?

What is the typical consumer demographic to target?

Do you sell the products or install their own decorations.

What SIC code for Workmans Compensation does this trade fall under?

Send Info To: eddiesdad@sbcglobal.net

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Alright, I will be the first to respond.

What products do you install?

What is the typical consumer demographic to target?

Do you sell the products or install their own decorations.

What SIC code for Workmans Compensation does this trade fall under?

Send Info To: eddiesdad@sbcglobal.net

Ed[/quote]

Okay,
I typically install LED lights since their all the rage these days… but I install everything you can imagine in terms of Christmas… at malls, stores, residential, etc.
I would say that the best consumer demographic is new money clients, and shopping malls. They all go for it, and their isn’t much competition.
I do carry and sell products, but I’ll install their own lights if thy have them. I charge installation by the foot. I works out great!
I have general contractor WCB coverage.
I did about $120,000 last year without breaking a sweat. That was in a four month period. I charge for taking them down too, but it’s way more profit since gravity is on your side.

Well then, lets see what you have to share and we can discuss it further.

How extreme of a wintry environment do you work in though, as compared to the Chicago area?

Ed

::::listening with interest in back ground:::::

how much do you typicly charge per foot ?

im just waiting for the “sales pitch” :?

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]

im just waiting for the “sales pitch” :?[/quote]

Those were my first thoughts too, but I changed my tone with him offering copies of free sales manuals and training manuals.

So, I figured it is worth investigation for a side line when we have no other work going on.

Ed

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]

im just waiting for the “sales pitch” :?[/quote]

Those were my first thoughts too, but I changed my tone with him offering copies of free sales manuals and training manuals.

So, I figured it is worth investigation for a side line when we have no other work going on.

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]

im just waiting for the “sales pitch” :?

Ed[/quote]

I’m not here trying to make a buck from you guys! I’m trying to tel you that winter doesn’t have to be a slow, hurting season. With experience on a roof, you fly through these jobs, and make huge bucks.
I charge $2/foot on rooflines. Bare in mind that’s by the foot of the strand of lights, not the roof itself. Usually I make about $1000/job. It’s great. There are a bunch of websites that sell manuals, and things like that. I bought them all, and they’re all PDF files, and I can email them to you.

[quote=“ed the roofer”]

How extreme of a wintry environment do you work in though, as compared to the Chicago area?

Ed[/quote]

You are talking as if I’m selling you something… I don’t need to prove anything to you man.
If you want the manuals, no problem send me your e-mail address…
I’m in Vancouver B.C… It’s not as bad as Chicago, but the mall jobs are all inside, and the roofs are flat. Also the profits make it worth putting up with extreme weather. The worst we have to do is slap a harness on.

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.Please pardon my roofing friends on here. We do here an awfull lot of BS posts from salesmen and other spammers. We typicly roof all winter in Massachusetts but there is nothing wrong with making more money. send me an email
jim@jbennetteroofing.com
Thanks

[quote=“lightingroofs”]

Ed

You took me the wrong way and I already have my e-mail address typed in with my first reply to you.

I said, lets see what you have to tell up about it and we all could discuss it further.

Ed

You are talking as if I’m selling you something… I don’t need to prove anything to you man.
If you want the manuals, no problem send me your e-mail address…
I’m in Vancouver B.C… It’s not as bad as Chicago, but the mall jobs are all inside, and the roofs are flat. Also the profits make it worth putting up with extreme weather. The worst we have to do is slap a harness on.[/quote]

adam@marshallexteriorsny.com

Thanks lightingroofs,

It was all good reading and worth requesting.

I glanced at the paperwork you sent and it has a lot of good fundamental ideas regarding marketing a unique specialty trade.

I sort of like my winters off though, but only as long as they don’t last too long like last year.

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Thanks lightingroofs,

It was all good reading and worth requesting.

I glanced at the paperwork you sent and it has a lot of good fundamental ideas regarding marketing a unique specialty trade.

I sort of like my winters off though, but only as long as they don’t last too long like last year.

Ed[/quote]

No problem. I really liked it too. The website that sold it to me, gave me access to a bunch more material that really helped me get started. Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

Hi,

Send them to me too.

mark@holencikroofing.com

Thank You

could ya send me info
Thanks,
kage2@shaw.ca

Could you send the info to maidaroofing@hotmail.com?
The winters can get long, Thanks