Chimney flashing looks ok?

Does this look properly done to you? Installed by an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred contractor, but this flashing job doesn’t look professional to me. Big question is, aside from aesthetics - does it look water tight? There is step flashing underneath the counter flashing.

Radiant Barrier OSB Over Skip Sheathing--PLEASE HELP
GAF Timberline HD Reflector Series "Charcoal" color: Good choice in So Cal or too hot? PLEASE HELP!

It is reliant upon caulk to keep it water tight.

Ideally the chimney flashings are installed in such a way as the need for caulk is minimal.

As axiom said it relies on caulk to keep it watertight. Not how I do my chimney flashing, but commonly acceptable for a shingle roof without paying for an “upgrade”. Also it appears to be aluminum against masonry which I don’t do either but is very common.

One way of doing it, yes.

Gum lip, not the best but far from the worst, if they used quality caulking and filled the lip fully you can expect 15years before any maintenance might be needed.

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

Not done correctly. A high quality roofer wouldn’t have done it in that manner. Depending on where you live, you might get 15 years out of it, you may get 2 to 5. It isn’t a matter of if, it is a matter of when it starts leaking.

Radiant Barrier OSB Over Skip Sheathing--PLEASE HELP
GAF Timberline HD Reflector Series "Charcoal" color: Good choice in So Cal or too hot? PLEASE HELP!

I would be pissed if that is the type of chimney flashing my guys install. One, it is not up to code. Google IRC 2012 pdf and go to the chimney chapter. Most States have adopted this and local areas are catching up. Is the counter flashing cut into the brick? If not, automatic fail. Two, the counter flashing is supposed to step down. You know, parallel lines to the ground, allowing water to flow straight down onto the roof and then to the ground. Did a “professional” chimney flasher do it, also known as a sheet metal shop, or did a skilled roofer do it? What does the top of the chimney look like?

Like @Authentic_Dad said, 2-15. You’ll know next heavy rains or so whether it will be sooner. If you outlast this part, if it ever drips, get some caulk and fill up that gap. Holes are easy to spot.