Certainteed?


#1

are they any good ? what are your thoughts. thanks


#2

i was just wanting a little input from some of you who may ahve used certainteed. just wondering if there are any problems i need to know about or are they the best thing going. thanks for any info. good or bad.


#3

I don’t know about “the best” there are better manufacturers out there. I’ve never had any issues with the product.


#4

yes they are good. GAF and Certainteed are the two best.


#5

ditto


#6

What he said :slight_smile:


#7

I prefer Tamko and Certainteed over GAF/Elks

Ed


#8

The Certainteed Landmark line is all I sell and install. 90% of the asphalt roofs I install are the base line 30 year shingles. The other 10% are Landmark Premium and Landmark TL’s. With those shingles I double the Shadow Ridge.

Certainteed did make poor shingles in the 90’s and up until a few year ago but have fazed out most of them.

Sealdon 15/20/25, Horizon, Horizon Classic, and New Horizon all bad. The three tab version are known to curl.

At the same time you could have chosen a fiberglass GAF or Owens Corning which are known to crack.

GAF/ELK Timberlines seen thin and easy to cut and seperate the laminate than the Certainteed Landmark.


#9

Our favorite shingles to use are Certainteed.


#10

The five-star warranty is the best available. The SSR program that we are enrolled in has increased our sales by 40%, You can also offer a 50 year non-prorated warranty backed by certainteed for an additional seven bucks per square. you can literally flip your 30 year vs 50 year percentages arround.