Certainteed or GAF

30 year shingles which is the best?

CertainTeed.

Certainteed.

Certainteed.

Certainteed

I’ve only had one issue with Certainteed. Several with gaf. With GAF they were finally resolved with some waiting. They sent out a warranty packet and we removed the shingles and returned them. Warranty was secured with everyone.

Certainteed. Good Luck with warranty. You will not any assistance from their claim department. Check the number of class action suits against Certainteed, vs. any other manufacturer of shingles.

i prefer GAF…but 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.

Hi,

GAF

Certainteed

[quote=“rooferama”]I’ve only had one issue with Certainteed. Several with gaf. With GAF they were finally resolved with some waiting. They sent out a warranty packet and we removed the shingles and returned them. Warranty was secured with everyone.

Certainteed. Good Luck with warranty. You will not any assistance from their claim department. Check the number of class action suits against Certainteed, vs. any other manufacturer of shingles.[/quote]

Before the insurance companies bought roofs in MN I filed a lot of claims with Certainteed on deffective shingles. Most with Horizons got Landmarks for free and those with Sealdons got a pro-rated check just like the warranty packet explains.

All roofing manufacturers have warranty claims and looming class action law suits. To say one has more than other would be an untrue statement. In one area you may see mainly Certanteed roofs so guess who will have the most claims? In another area it may be GAF on most roofs and I think you guys know were I’m going with this.

Was on a 10 year old GAF 40 year laminate roof (according to the Haage gauge) and it had cracks all over it. The new buyers inpsector red flaged the roof and now it’s got to go. Looked just like any 10-15 year old GAF 20 year fiberglass three tab roof, cracks everywere.

With the Certainteed orginic shingles which aren’t made anymore your going to have curling issues. With GAF fiberglass shingles you are going to have cracking and yes those are still made.

Been on a number of 10-12 year old Landmark 25 and Landmark 30 roofs with no deffects at all.