Calculating Waste

Go to the New Roof Waste Calculation Sheet thread. The new link is there.

[quote=“Authentic_Dad, post:57, topic:6663, full:true”]
Why don’t you simply look in the manufacturers installation guide and the best commercial roofer? Insurance isn’t responsible for best practices.[/quote]
Hello,

I want to know which type of roofing is good for my house??

The kind that doesn’t leak.

I would love to have that Excel sheet with the calculations you percent in your chat.

what about asking insurance for 10% on drip edge?

Could you send a copy of your spreadsheet to bmeyers1@yahoo.com

THANKS!

Hi do you mind sending me your excel sheet? We are running in to multiple issues with Allstate in particular giving 6% waste and not separating out ridge and starter.

Go here to get it

Waste Calc Workbook

Holy crap most you guys figure tons of waste!!! I rarely have more that like half square of waste. If the square footage is 2013, I’ll order 21 square. If it is 2063, I’ll order 21.33.

So if you have a 60 square hip with 150 ft of valley and 250 ft of hip you’ll have half a square of waste? And your 20 square roof doesn’t have starter and cap? Most 20 square roofs don’t have much trim scrap because they’re so simple. Who cares about 5% on 20 squares anyway, it amounts to nothing. Try doing some real roofs and then come back and tell me about your 1/2 square crap.

I hope if you sell a 2023sq you don’t only charge for 21sq. It’s about calculating waste not how many shingles you use. If our guys do a 21 sq job and bring back 2 sq that means the estimator did a good job and the crew did a good job…a win win

I would greatly appreciate if you would share the excels sheet with me. Sir i have learned a great deal from your post and replies on this forum. Thanks titan-construction@live.com

I Like Using This FREE Roof Measuring Tool it Helps Me - https://www.contractoros.net/roof-sketch/
You can add waste percentage for the report or order…