Better than the rest

There’s a new company that’s doing satellite measurements of roofs. Contact them at skyscopeusa.com for more information

Your already being a shady salesman. Why dont you just say “I work for a new company, check us out.”

By the way…for being an information company, your website sucks! :?

Actually I’m a shady customer. They offer a discount for referrals. I staked my claim on this website and am hoping to get some free reports from them.

Although the additional features seem advantageous compared to the other company, they do not represent themselves well as a long established company here to stay, buy using a Free GoDaddy Website with Google Ads on their site.

Also, previous users of EagleView can still get lower pricing.

So, the pricing itself is not a good comparison, but the timeliness and how accurate it is would be.

Since they are not Google Searchable and only found on New Orleans Craigs-List, they need to beef up their image.

I know of another company that does the same service for a way less expensive fee.

I also know of a free site, where you can sketch out the diagram of the property’s perimeter edge and it auto-calculates the foot-print square footage for you too.

Free is good. Since none of these completely eliminate the need for a job site visit to verify amounts of layers and other hidden details, it would seem that the costs are not justifies, unless you need to measure a monster roof that is difficult to get on and measure accurately yourself.

One final point to consider, is that this company may have encroached another company’s proprietary copyrighted coding and may not be around in the event of an copyright infringement suit.

I am pretty sure I know where this particular company had their source code developed and I will just leave it at that.

Ed

check out www.pictometry.com i had a meeting with them today. I was very intrigued. Immediate results, no waiting 48 hours. 1 annual fee for unlimited use.

The cost per calculation wont even come close to eagle view!

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Although the additional features seem advantageous compared to the other company, they do not represent themselves well as a long established company here to stay, buy using a Free GoDaddy Website with Google Ads on their site.

So, the pricing itself is not a good comparison, but the timeliness and how accurate it is would be.

Since they are not Google Searchable and only found on New Orleans Craigs-List, they need to beef up their image.

I know of another company that does the same service for a way less expensive fee.

I also know of a free site, where you can sketch out the diagram of the property’s perimeter edge and it auto-calculates the foot-print square footage for you too.

Free is good. Since none of these completely eliminate the need for a job site visit to verify amounts of layers and other hidden details, it would seem that the costs are not justifies, unless you need to measure a monster roof that is difficult to get on and measure accurately yourself.

One final point to consider, is that this company may have encroached another company’s proprietary copyrighted coding and may not be around in the event of an copyright infringement suit.

I am pretty sure I know where this particular company had their source code developed and I will just leave it at that.

Ed[/quote]

good call, the website is already down…

ive gotta say, i signed up for the pictometry subscription and it is quite useful and i have already implemented it and blown away a few customers so far. Very cool tool.

The Pictometry people have been very good to deal with when I spoke with them at the end of last spring, around May or June.

They were still in the process of getting their roofing measuring up to an easier method to deal with for contractors, but had a lot of very detailed information available on their reports.

Now, nothing I spoke about this other company is meant to be taken too critically yet.

Remember, this is a brand new technology being developed and each one has to be sure that they are not violating or infringing on any previous purveyors copyright or otherwise protected intellectual properties, so keep that in mind when assessing the long term viability of these companies.

They are all going to be new.

I know of another one that starts out at 27.00 per report and also another organization that picks up the fee for the report through an unknown supplier for around 5.00 per report, but they are a nation wide insurance adjusting firm which obviously triggers greater price breaks.

It all depends on what type of service and turn around you are expecting. It’s not like you will be permanently married to any of these companies, because as the technology becomes more common place, the open source versions of an SAAS system will be available from bit torrent sites, for those who choose those indiscretions.

So, even if you use one system currently, keep your eyes and ears open, since EagleView is not the only player in the game anymore.

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Although the additional features seem advantageous compared to the other company, they do not represent themselves well as a long established company here to stay, buy using a Free GoDaddy Website with Google Ads on their site.

Ed[/quote]

You wouldnt be interested in sharing the free site would you?

Hi Ed,

Pictometry is not a new company. They are new to selling their services to contractors.

We will be using them before spring.