Best form of advertizing?

What seems to be the best form of advertising in the business,local papers, internet,etc. also of them which one generates the best responses? Been doing sub work since opening last july.Ready to place ad not sure which one to start with.Word of mouth only works if you can get started.Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob

phone book generates the most leads, but they can be low paying. word of mouth are the best paying. newspaper seems to be middle of the road.

i find that internet is kind of a re-enforcing tool. i also do TV commercials but you dont want to think of that this early in your career.

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]phone book generates the most leads, but they can be low paying. word of mouth are the best paying. newspaper seems to be middle of the road.

Thanks hope to do great in the business been doing it for 15 years and decided to do it on my own.My good jobs will eventually speak for themselves.[/quote]

I’ve tried newspaper adds and phone books with very little success. When I moved to a new area tried to stir up some work but found all the callers were only looking for the lowest bidder. It was very common to meet the home owner at the door and their question is how much can you do this for, I got a bid of $XXXX?" They didn’t care what products you intended to install or who was going to be installing them, it was only about finding the cheapest possible roofer.

At one time ran adds in four phone books but now down to just one, the only one I make money every year from. In the past three years have gotten one tear off from them. Each year get a number of repair calls from them too which usually pay for the add. Most of my referral leads are from this phone book area so it’s nice to throw in that I can be found in your local Yellow Book. The add runs $1,200 per year.

95-98% of my work is from referrals, it’s a beautiful thing! It took 10 years to get to this point and each year more leads come in. For the first few years really had to hustle work. In the first 7 years most work was the new stuff. Now it’s the complete opposite. A large number of tear offs though are through my builders contacts.

Most home owners when finished ask for more business cards to hand out to friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family.

My brother has had very good luck with an add that runs $250 a month in a newspaper.

[quote=“dougger222”]I’ve tried newspaper adds and phone books with very little success. When I moved to a new area tried to stir up some work but found all the callers were only looking for the lowest bidder. It was very common to meet the home owner at the door and their question is how much can you do this for, I got a bid of $XXXX?" They didn’t care what products you intended to install or who was going to be installing them, it was only about finding the cheapest possible roofer.

At one time ran adds in four phone books but now down to just one, the only one I make money every year from. In the past three years have gotten one tear off from them. Each year get a number of repair calls from them too which usually pay for the add. Most of my referral leads are from this phone book area so it’s nice to throw in that I can be found in your local Yellow Book. The add runs $1,200 per year.

95-98% of my work is from referrals, it’s a beautiful thing! It took 10 years to get to this point and each year more leads come in. For the first few years really had to hustle work. In the first 7 years most work was the new stuff. Now it’s the complete opposite. A large number of tear offs though are through my builders contacts.

Most home owners when finished ask for more business cards to hand out to friends, co-workers, neighbors, and family.

My brother has had very good luck with an add that runs $250 a month in a newspaper.[/quote]

Thats how i hope to end up. All i do is new construction but i have a feeling it gonna slow down soon.

Thinking about doing a topless car wash this summer…

http://club502downtown.com/Gallery/albums/car_wash/P8190071.highlight.jpg

hahaha…bikini roofing!!