Axiom

interesting that you would put ice shield over the drip edge on the eave. most guys i know put down the ice shield first.
further,i see alot of guys put the felt over everything after the edge and the shield is on. others put the felt up to the ice shield and just overlap it a but.
great input though.makes this board worth while.

i have alot of low slope roofs were im at and you have to put the underlayment under the eve drip and then tar the starter and first shingle, or you will rott someones fasha board out in a year or two.

gweedo.

we need another thread for this?

Ax, don’t you know by now the new way of doing things is to start a thread just to respond to a post?

Especially if it’s a topic that has been discussed ad naseum by all participants, a new person should post a response on an entirely new thread.

PS: Drip Edge on TOP OF FELT for RAKES ONLY. Drip edge UNDER FELT for eaves.

[quote]i have alot of low slope roofs were im at and you have to put the underlayment under the eve drip and then tar the starter and first shingle, or you will rott someones fasha board out in a year or two.

gweedo.[/quote]

I agree.
It has been a while but I have had people request that we tar down the rakes as we shingle.
Low slope roofs are a different story, the metal generally gets “sandwiched” between the membrane, along the entire perimeter of the roof.

you guy’s just don’t catch on too quick

Looks kinda like my brother…
He’s drinking beer out of a can though so he must be from somewhere south of here… :mrgreen:
He’s using a straw too, so he must be a gurl.

[quote="-Axiom-"]

Looks kinda like my brother…
He’s drinking beer out of a can though so he must be from somewhere south of here… :mrgreen:
He’s using a straw too, so he must be a gurl.[/quote]

Now that you mention it I notice the feminim qualities,the straw gave her away. :wink:

Axiom after pumping iron in “the yard”…

Hello,
Hey Ranch don’t you mean after pumping squares and base rolls ? :mrgreen:

Keith

Here’s Ranch when he was just a young buck. http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/bushhog_photos/sum11.jpg found one of his baby pictures http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/bushhog_photos/jackwldk-1.jpg