Asphalt Shingles

Hi

Just in the process of finishing my own Log Home and the builders have reached roof level. They have put in the beams and wood strips on the roof, but that is them finished. I want to put asphalt shingles on the roof but am not sure if there is anything what goes between the wooden roof and the shingles. Information on the Internet on finishing a roof is very scarce.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Log home? Why not consider a metal roof, in my opinion it would look a lot better with the logs than an asphalt shingle.

Hi,

Big investment to wait so long to figure out how to protect it.

Is it sheeted in for shingles?

Where are you located?

When we started out, we specialized in roofing log homes. I would recommend Certainteed Tri-lams.

With the recommended ice and water shield, 15 lb felt underlayment and all the other things they want you to install.

and I forgot to mention G-Tape!!!

all the information you need is at www.gaf.com

I continue to be amazed! :shock:

Who cares? Youre putting a crap product on a nice home…use banana leaves…

at what?

why does every body seem so snippy on this site lately?

Many thanks to all concerned who gave advice, I now have a better idea of what I am doing.

To all others, you need a change of job, sort out your anger, or keep taking the Prozac.

Best Regards

brian

Hehehehehe, he was thanking me.

Anytime Brian, anytime. 8)

don’t forget to use G-Tape.

[quote=“brianj42”]Many thanks to all concerned who gave advice, I now have a better idea of what I am doing.

To all others, you need a change of job, sort out your anger, or keep taking the Prozac.

Best Regards

brian[/quote]

Im glad you found the advice you were looking for.
Im sorry for my remark. It wasnt productive.

Youre welcome.