Asphalt on carpet

I am in the process of doing a 3-ply system with a white sbs cap sheet. One of my workers tracked asphalt onto our office carpeting any ideas on how to remove it.

try karnak cleaner and a shop vac.

Shaving cream works as well(foam)

if its not to deep embedded,
try to cut it out.
just shave to carpet hairs with razor blade,
or sharp sizzors.

one possibilty.

gweedo.

Hi,

You have to watch you do not make a stain from the removal.

If it was in a spot the customers are going to see, I would call a professional cleaning service.

It is probably a while since you had them cleaned anyway.

I would have a talk with the employees about going into the customers building. This could have cost big.

in my ten years of roofing i have tried them all (spray nine, goof off, goo gone, karnak cleaner, bleach, etc.) to remove the marks from the siding. i finally found the best! “contractors’ solvent” is unbelievable. and it’s 100% organic. you can get it at ace hardware, true value, and other hardware stores. go to www.orange-sol.com for a list of hardware stores in your area. it can be used on clothing (laundry) so i’m sure it will clean up that carpet.

[quote=“Lefty”]Hi,

You have to watch you do not make a stain from the removal.

If it was in a spot the customers are going to see, I would call a professional cleaning service.

It is probably a while since you had them cleaned anyway.

I would have a talk with the employees about going into the customers building. This could have cost big.[/quote]

i paid for a carpet this year when my brother got spray foam on a new white casrpet.