Anyone a member of the CCN?

Hello All,

I attended a Certified Contractor Network conference recently and I wondered if any of you had similiar experiences. It seems hyper expensive, but I’m curious about the blue collar management training.

Just curious— why would your company send their Production Manager?

I’m not sure if you are asking in regards to the conference, or to the blue collar management.

The reason being CCN is available to help with all aspects of people management and production.

(Does that answer the question?)

The reason being CCN is available to help with all aspects of people management and production.

I roofed for 18 years, now I am mostly in the office and oversee the jobs and workmanship. I know how the guys think because I’ve done it. I would also have no problem climbing up a 2 story 16/12 with my Estwing hatchet if one of them got stupid with me. I have the people management thing down, lol. You need to be a wolf to have the respect of the pack, you can’t teach that.

[quote=“Tar Monkey”]The reason being CCN is available to help with all aspects of people management and production.

I roofed for 18 years, now I am mostly in the office and oversee the jobs and workmanship. I know how the guys think because I’ve done it. I would also have no problem climbing up a 2 story 16/12 with my Estwing hatchet if one of them got stupid with me. I have the people management thing down, lol. You need to be a wolf to have the respect of the pack, you can’t teach that.[/quote]

I certainly appreciate the input, but in todays digital world there are database systems I would like to employ in my office. Likewise, I’m not worried about the managment as much as keeping up with the technology aspect. CCN also has some very good networking to stay ahead of the curve. I saw and heard some pretty interesting stuff directly from GAFELK designers. You should look into it.

Casey-- most people talk of CCN as a sales organization.

Did you drink the KoolAid ?

I have heard that, and I surely saw a lot of that going on.

Actually no, :slight_smile:

Hi,

They help with hiring, training, managing overhead, truck mateniece, sales…

I have been interested in there services. They have a seminar in Pittsburg. I have a prior commetment or I would be going.

You must have gotton a lot of information from being with them.

[quote=“Lefty”]Hi,

They help with hiring, training, managing overhead, truck mateniece, sales…

I have been interested in there services. They have a seminar in Pittsburg. I have a prior commetment or I would be going.

You must have gotton a lot of information from being with them.[/quote]

Yes, there was a lot of info. They seemed to have their stuff together, just a little pricey. Do you have the details on the conference in Pittsburgh?

casey-

Hi,

When I interviewed my accountant he told me how much he was going to cost me. I looked at him square in the eye and said “if you cost me anything you are not doing your job”.

He chuckled and said “you are right. I will not cost you anything. Most people do not look at it like that”.

After that he agreed to take me on as a client. I agreed to use him for my accounting.

I would expect that from CCN too. If they do not pay for themselves they are expensive.

Casey,

Did you attend as a member or as a guest of a current CCN member on a recruitment trial test run of their organization?

We have had some pretty good discussions about CCN over on the ContractorTalk forum.

As a matter of fact, if any of you guys know Grumpy, I just called him last Friday and we both may be checking out that organization once again, on a trial basis.

I believe the quoted fee for the full membership was $2,500.00 initial cost with about $550.00 per month thereafter.

I am in the process of discussing an alternative organization over at a newer forum, called NRG, which may be looking into a similar concept that does not cost as much for members.

If anyone is interested in joining the discussion with me about that, please feel free to e-mail me.

Ed

The founder of CCN Richard Kaller who passed away last year was a great speaker and had a lot of insight. I got his tapes years ago and saw him at a seminar once. Although I never saw the need for joining CCN for me anyway. I did join a similar group called Prosult for a brief time.

I used to attend the CES, Contractor Educational Services, seminars that Richard put on, which were sponsored by Certainteed for about 12-15 years in a row, until he started CCN.

All of his tapes are still worthwhile listening to.

ProSult? Monroe Porter, right? Did you get much out of that organization?

Ed

[quote=“Lefty”]Hi,

When I interviewed my accountant he told me how much he was going to cost me. I looked at him square in the eye and said “if you cost me anything you are not doing your job”.

He chuckled and said “you are right. I will not cost you anything. Most people do not look at it like that”.

After that he agreed to take me on as a client. I agreed to use him for my accounting.

I would expect that from CCN too. If they do not pay for themselves they are expensive.[/quote]

No argument, that’s why I haven’t joined yet.

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Casey,

Did you attend as a member or as a guest of a current CCN member on a recruitment trial test run of their organization?

We have had some pretty good discussions about CCN over on the ContractorTalk forum.

As a matter of fact, if any of you guys know Grumpy, I just called him last Friday and we both may be checking out that organization once again, on a trial basis.

I believe the quoted fee for the full membership was $2,500.00 initial cost with about $550.00 per month thereafter.

I am in the process of discussing an alternative organization over at a newer forum, called NRG, which may be looking into a similar concept that does not cost as much for members.

If anyone is interested in joining the discussion with me about that, please feel free to e-mail me.

Ed[/quote]

I went on a trial basis for the OSHA training. It was quite good, held in San Diego. They quoted us $5,000 and $550 a month, which is why we are hanging back. The courses themselves were also very pricey at around $5,000 a piece. I would be interested in the other place you mentioned.

What was prosult like? Similiar?

What was the fee for that “Trial” basis training session?

Did you leave there with any useful information, other than applications to join?

Did they only deal with OSHA training, or did they get into marketing and business topics too?

I sent you an e-mail regarding the other discussion.

Ed

[quote=“ed the roofer”]

What was the fee for that “Trial” basis training session?

Did you leave there with any useful information, other than applications to join?

Did they only deal with OSHA training, or did they get into marketing and business topics too?

I sent you an e-mail regarding the other discussion.

Ed[/quote]

The fee was only $250 a person or something like that. I did leave with some great information, though I won’t lie, they were adamant about promoting themselves. I attended an OSHA seminar, a Commercial Roofing Seminar, A residential seminar and heard a bunch of speakers on marketing and business practices. Overall I felt it was a valuable experience.