Adding ridge vent

Hello,
I plan to have additional ridge vent installed. The roof has about 10-15’ of ridge that doesn’t have any vent. Additionally, part of the existing ridge vent has only one side of ply board cut (bad builder!) After inspecting the soffit vent around the house, I think it has enough continuous vent. The temperature in the attic in the summer is exceedingly hot (around 130 - 145 F).
Will adding additional ridge vent help? What is the approximate cost? I live in the Houston/Sugar Land area.
I also need a contractor interested in this seemingly small job :slight_smile:

Thank you very much in advance for your advise.

Martin

I’ve always been under the impression, the more the better. Of course you would need to have an equal amount of intake. Be it soffit or you may want to add a gable vent to your gables. And do not insulate your roof rafters. Always a bad idea.

didnt you just contradict your self? no more is not better. it should be balanced or more intake than exhaust.

[quote=“mhtn”]Hello,
Additionally, part of the existing ridge vent has only one side of ply board cut (bad builder!)

Martin[/quote]

That may be your problem, both sides should be cut out or it may not draw right. I would take it up and do it right.