A question about loading high roofs

I’ve been strictly a residential re-roof guy for a while, but am starting to get involved in shingling some condos (new construction). The distributors in this area drop shingles, they do not load the roof. My crews use laddervators to put materials on the roof, but that will be impossible on the condos that I am now estimating as they are three stories tall and the laddervators only go 30’.
I assume that I will have to have someone come to the jobsite and load the material with a Lull. Does anyone have experience with this? What kind of costs (ballpark) am I going to run into?
I’m about to make some calls on this, but wondered what to look out for, how much it should be costing me, etc.

Thanks.

In my area, I hear peopl calling the conveyor truck laddervators.

Laddervators, as I have always known them are a ladder based elevator with a cart on the ladder section, a motor, and a winch. We have 40 ft. available.

conveyuer trucks in my area have 45 foot reach on some of them…also almost every supplier has at least a 45 foot boom (drywall) truck. some reach up to 75 feet. also every one of my suppliers bradco, lakeside, abc, b&l, 84 lumber (who is the worst supplier in the history of mankind) will stock the roofs for me up to an 8/12 pitch with 2x4’s nailed just below the peaks. look into another supplier if they wont work with you. trust me everyone wants your money :smiley:

sometimes there are stairs you can set a ladder on.
and there are hatches sometimes on the three story roofs look for that.

gweedo

Call a Crane Truck company and get them to hosit on the roof dont know how much it will cost but up in B.C. Canada its around 150 - 200 an hr.

Should not take more then 1hr.

hire a mexican for $5 an hr

Boooo! What a bigoted remark!

[quote=“Cerberus”]

Boooo! What a bigoted remark![/quote]

I agree, its 8.oo an hour…who would work for 5.oo an hour? :roll:

Thats a pretty racist remark. Sadly this happens every day and we have accepted it. Roofboss why on earth are your posts so negitive all the time? Filled with smart allac answers and rude comments? This does show to the consumers that are trying to get help for their homes. Maybe you should try and clean it up a bit.

easy cerb/1003,

boss and monkey are well respected here.
they are just makin fun, and do not want to offend someone.
they are rite in the fact that you can hire someone freshly from mexico for 5 bucks an hour and they will get them on that roof.

i doesnt bother me and alot of others when people refer to mexicans this way because were all slow if not out of work do to the influx of cheap workers over the last 10 years or so and our government cant stop it.

now let one of us old roofers do somethin wrong and its of to jail ask question later.

so theres no simpathy from me, its every man for himself theese days
and i dont think theres many days left.
to many platonium inrichment plants springin up everywhere.

gweedo

You can get Reiman-Georger shingle hoists rated for 400 lb. capacity that have bolt together ladder sections that go 44’.
The base section with the platform is 16’,and you bolt on a 16’ an 8’ and a 4’ section.
You should also use the mid span brace they sell to keep the middle from bellying under the load.

BOSS is back? awesome! where is he?

This guy is in all lower case Aaron.