4 valleys ridge

I know you are supposed to start at the gable end and then tuck the ridge cap under where to ridge point is. I’m referring to the point where the two valleys intersect. Do I do this for both sides of the valley intersections. I would then just face nail a ridge cap where the two meet. I have two valleys that are facing each other. I would meet in the middle of the ridge with a ridge cap face nails. Is this correct procedure?

bread
you really should get a digital camera.
start at the gable end go almost to the end(like a foot or two). than turn around and work back trim the second to last, than the last one is a 5"by 12".face nail it and get the TAR!!!

[quote=“Hoss”]bread
you really should get a digital camera.
start at the gable end go almost to the end(like a foot or two). than turn around and work back trim the second to last, than the last one is a 5"by 12".face nail it and get the TAR!!![/quote]

Sorry for my poor description. There is no gable end in this situation. Picture a small walk way between two gable structures. There is a two valley intersection at both ends. Kind of like this.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x191/mtchophouse/valley-1.jpg

There should be a line down the left gable structure as well. I don’t know why it isn’t showing up.

first of all stop saying your sorry.
you have opitons the rigt way is the way it doesnt leak and since you are your own customer do it the way you like. i would start at each valley apex and work to the middle. think like a rain drop and get it done grasshoper.

Start in the middle and run one way. Start in the middle now going the other way making sure to overlap your first full cap on the first run with your first full cap of this run. You now have a doubled cap in the middle nailed normaly; no reason to face nail anything. Continue your (2nd) run as normal.

Think of it as running two seperate dormers. Only difference is that you’re overlapping your first ridge pieces.

If you’re using a 2ply ridge cap type shingle like Timberex let’s say, you can even peel off one of the plys on each of the two caps you’re going to overlap in the middle so you have a uniform thickness throughout the ridge.

T.Monkey your my idol.http://www.roofing.com/images/topics/5583/img_1184987052.jpg

[quote=“Tar Monkey”]Start in the middle and run one way. Start in the middle now going the other way making sure to overlap your first full cap on the first run with your first full cap of this run. You now have a doubled cap in the middle nailed normaly; no reason to face nail anything. Continue your (2nd) run as normal.

Think of it as running two seperate dormers. Only difference is that you’re overlapping your first ridge pieces.

If you’re using a 2ply ridge cap type shingle like Timberex let’s say, you can even peel off one of the plys on each of the two caps you’re going to overlap in the middle so you have a uniform thickness throughout the ridge.[/quote]

Yes I am using double ply OC ridge caps. Thanks for the tip. That is why I come here. I would have never thought of that.

“T.Monkey your my idol.”

Ah, my adoring public! swoon

Get closer than five feet and I file a restraining order. :roll: